Joppa Flat: Low winter rate, Water View, private yard, 2min walk to waterfront, downtown, Fast WiFi
Joppa Flat: Imagine a full historic home that is close to everything with Water Views and a private fenced in yard - that's Joppa Flat! This beautifully furnished historic home is comfortable, bright, and centrally located: an 8 minute walk to Newburyport center, 5 minute walk to The Tannery Marketplace, and a 2 minute walk to the Merrimac Riverfront. The Merrimac Riverfront park near Joppa Flat has relaxing seating, access to the Clipper Rail Trail, and a boat launch! Close to everything; yet nestled in a quiet neighborhood.
While Joppa Flat is close to everything, step into the private home, and you have arrived at a peaceful sanctuary. Dine in the yard or relax in the living room. The private yard is the perfect place to plan the day's outings. Upon return from your day full of adventures, you can relax with your pre-dinner cocktails surrounded by a peaceful neighborhood! Then, stroll leisurely to any of the wonderful restaurants of Newburyport; there's something for every palate! After dinner, wander along the Merrimac River in Waterfront Park and before you know it, you're back to your place!
Joppa Flat provides the perfect location to explore beyond Newburyport as well: Plum Island, Cape Ann (Gloucester and Rockport), Salem, and Boston. This home is within 2 miles of the commuter rail station. The Newburyport Commuter line can take you to the heart of Boston in just 40 minutes or to Rockport, Gloucester, or Salem in 15 minutes or less.
While you don't need a car to enjoy Newburyport from Joppa Flat, off-street parking for 1 car is provided.
Visiting Newburyport for work? Joppa Flat, along with 2 dedicated workspaces (with desk and chair), offers very high-speed WiFi and internet services.
For those days that you want to stay in and just relax, Joppa Flat provides a Large Screen Smart TV - stream your favorite shows with your preferred streaming services.
****** SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (Maximum Occupancy - 4)
** Master bedroom (Sleeping Capacity - 2)
- Water View from both the desk and your pillow
- Queen-sized bed
- 2 Bedside Tables with Lamps
- 1 Closet
- 1 Bureau
- Desk with Chair and work light
- Full length mirror
- Window AC unit - in season
** Guest bedroom (Sleeping Capacity - 2)
- 1 Queen-sized bed
- 2 Closets
- 2 Bureaus
- 1 Bedside table with Lamp
- Rocking Chair and Rocking Footstool
- Window AC unit - in season
** Bathroom Facilities
- 1 Full bath on the 1st floor with a tub & shower combination
***** Joppa Flat Accommodation Highlights:
- Fully-equipped kitchen with full-size appliances
- Keurig coffee maker, blender, dishwasher & more!
- Eat-in kitchen : table and chairs for seating for 4
- Living room with Big Screen TV', a comfy sofa, and 2 side chair, side tables with lamps
- Beautiful historic character throughout the home
- Washer & dryer located in the basement.
- Hi-Speed WiFi – great for work or play
- Off-street Parking for 1 car in the driveway
- Private yard with outdoor dining table (seating for 4) and Firepit
- The owners graciously offer the use of their Gas Grill at no additional charge
- Window AC units to cool the home during those hazy, hot & humid summer days
*** About Newburyport
Newburyport, a coastal city 35 miles northeast of Boston, Massachusetts, is an historic seaport that extends along the mighty Merrimack River. The Merrimack River leads to Plum Island, a gorgeous barrier island with long expanses of beach, marshes, and nature preserves.
Anchored in a rich Maritime heritage, Newburyport boasts national attractions, vibrant boating, rich culture, and award-winning dining and shopping.
* Hike, pedal, or paddle to explore Parker River and Joppa Flats.
* Explore Downtown's unique boutiques, amazing antiques, fabulous food, craft beer, local wines, and hip coffee shops.
* Discover Newburyport's seafaring & colonial history - experience colonial life in a historic home tour, see skiffs or ships being built
* Reserve the Newburyport Lighthouse for a private romantic meal.
* Enjoy a cruise to watch whales, fish, SCUBA dive, or dine.
* Unique Golf courses nestled among sea marshes, tidal rivers, & rocky
About iTrip North Shore Properties
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted for smoking or vaping in the home or on the property.
- NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
These are cause for eviction with no refund. If any damage impacts our ability to offer the home for future guests, you will be held liable.
- Each of property features a starter set of supplies for guests which includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & hand soap.
- The beds are fully made & ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest are included in the rental rate.
- For family friendly homes, a luxury Pack-n-Play or other children's furnishings are available for an additional charge (as availability permits).
Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate of the neighbors.
Check in and check out times:
Frequently Asked Questions
To consider hosting your furry family member, please supply the following information: Name, Breed, Age and Weight.
Please know dogs are considered on a case-by-case basis and additional fees apply.
During peak season, Joppa Flat has a strict No Pets Policy.
Beds are made with freshly laundered linens. Clean towels for each registered guest are placed on the beds. Please bring your own beach towels. Each accommodation comes with starter pack of 1 roll of paper towels, each bathroom will have at least 1 spare roll of toilet paper. A starter pack of coffee, cleaning supplies, and hand soap is also provided.
Items you should bring with you: Extra paper products, beach towels, beach chairs, sunscreen, toiletries, food, beverages, and any other essentials and assundries to make your vacation enjoyable.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Phone (978) 737-7084