|First Bedroom Queen|
|Second Bedroom Queen|
Located in downtown Charleston near Upper King Street restaurants, shopping and nightlife, Murphy on St. Philip Unit A is a two story Charleston Single home-away-from-home that's just a short walk, bike or cab ride to all the action in downtown Charleston. Unit A is a spacious two bedroom home well-appointed with comfortable furnishings, double piazzas and beautiful hardwood floors. The home's layout, with the living room, kitchen and piazza on the first floor and the two bedrooms and another piazza on the second floor, provide lots of space for you and your guests to either interact together or retreat into separate spaces on your own. This home, built in 1852, oozes with character & charm and serves as a terrific home base from which you can launch your Charleston adventures. We do allow small dogs under 40 lbs at this home.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR MURPHY ON ST. PHILIP, UNIT A (sleeps 4):
First bedroom (upstairs):
- Queen size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Dresser with large screen cable TV
- Night stands with reading lamps
- Sound machine
Second bedroom (upstairs):
- Queen size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Vanity dresser
- Night stands with reading lamps
- Sound machine
- High speed WIFI
- Open kitchen & living room layout
- Hardwood floors throughout the home.
- Double piazzas -- one located on the first floor and the second piazza located on the second floor.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with range, dishwasher, refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender & more!
- Stacked washing machine & dryer.
- FREE off street parking for up to 2 vehicles.
- Don't wait in an office to check-in or get a key! Drive straight to your home and enter the front door with a lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you our mobile app with directions and full instructions.
Please note that the Unit B (which is located on the back half of the house) is also available for rent. If both Unit A and Unit B are available for your selected dates, then you may rent both Unit A and Unit B and sleep up to 6 people in the whole house. Unit A guests and Unit B guests share the three parking spaces in the backyard. Two of the parking spaces are for Unit A and one parking space is for Unit B.
With close proximity to upper King Street and the Crosstown (Septima P. Clark Parkway), the location of this home enables guests to walk to restaurants, shops & other cultural delights and provides quick road access to Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, all local beaches, Charleston County parks, historic plantation homes along the Ashley River and other local attractions. There are a lot of new local restaurants -- as well as all the offerings of Upper King Street -- within a couple of minutes stroll from Murphy on St. Philip. With D'Allesandros Pizza (a local pizza institution), Brown's Court Bakery (amazing breads & pastries) and the Ordinary (high end oyster & seafood restaurant) located just a couple of blocks away, Murphy on St. Philip guests have many unique local food options to explore. Walk to Barsa for some Tapas or visit the Daily for some coffee or locally made Kombucha!
The home is located in a very friendly neighborhood which is undergoing vibrant growth and change, as is much of Charleston. This is the best neighborhood in Charleston if you are looking to be steps away from King Street and experience the area as a local in a transitional neighborhood among young professionals, students and longtime local families. All the neighbors are very nice and welcoming. The diversity and richness of history in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood makes this part of town desirable to locals and visitors alike. Murphy on St. Philip is perfect for folks who enjoy a diverse, vibrant and eclectic neighborhood where you can watch the reinvestment & revitalization in old historic properties going on in real time. Parts of the neighborhood might still look a bit rough but it is safe.
We are close to the crosstown parkway which may impact light sleepers but our db readings show it isn't loud enough to be a disturbance. There is also construction in the street which is almost complete but may result in additional noise during the day.
- No smoking. NO PETS ALLOWED
- Murphy on St. Philip is tucked away in a residential neighborhood. Please be mindful of this residential character of the home during your stay. Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. Please be respectful of the neighbors at all times!
- Do not exceed the maximum occupancy for the home at anytime.
These are all separate causes for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
* Top City in the World for 9 years in a row by Condé Nast Traveler magazine
* No. 1 U.S. city for the 7 years in a row, Travel + Leisure magazine’s “World’s Best” awards.
* Picked as one of "the 10 most exciting cities for food around the world" by Food & Wine magazine
About Our Properties:
Guests staying at all Charleston Beaches managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome pack
* Amenity & Supplies pack, a starter set of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up remover wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, sponge and dishwasher tabs. (Please keep in mind you will most likely need to purchase these items during your stay, as it is only a starter set.)
* All beds are made in advance of your arrival with freshly laundered sheets.
WE DO NOT LIST OUR HOMES ON CRAIGSLIST!
We really appreciate the review Elizabeth. It makes us extremely happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and it makes all of our hard work worth while! Hopefully we will see you again in the future. Steven
Thank you Drew! The home works well for couples! We're glad you had a wonderful time. Come back soon. Steven
Thank you Harry, we pride ourselves on making sure we are able to meet all of our customers needs and that we can be on hand to assist with any problems whenever they require. Hopefully we will see you again in the future. Steven
Thank you! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay, the location really is a highlight of this home. Come back and stay again soon! Steven
Thank you Toria, so glad you enjoyed your stay. We are so happy you found the beds to be comfortable. Come back and stay again soon. Steven
Thank you Tanner, Murphy A is perfect for exploring everything Downtown has to offer. Come back again soon. Steven
Thank you Robert! So happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Murphy A! It's such a great location for visiting King Street! Come back again soon! Steven
Thank you Chris! So happy you enjoyed your stay at Murphy A! Glad we could help! Steven
Thank you Katie! Murphy A is a great location, come back again soon! Steven
Thank you Joshua! Glad you had fun! Murphy A is a perfect location for Downtown Charleston! Come back soon! Steven
Thank you Plaxy! So happy you enjoyed your time at Murphy A! It's a great spot! Thanks for the recommendation come back soon! Steven
Thanks Tara! Glad you enjoyed your stay at Murphy A, come back again soon! Steven
Thank you for a great review Hayden! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! Come back again soon! Steven
Thank you Andrew! Happy to hear you enjoyed this home! Come back again soon Steven
Thanks Corinne! It is a lovely period property and so close to downtown! Hope to see you again. Steven
Thanks! Glad you had a fun visit to Charleston! Steven
Thank you! Glad we could help make it a fun visit! Steven
Thank you! Sound like a good break! Steven
Thanks Mike! Glad you enjoyed your stay in Historic Downtown! Steven
Thanks Meg, we didn't get any notice about that quick demolition work but at least that old building is gone! Can't stop progress!
Thank you Lara. We're happy y'all had a great visit to Charleston!