Lake House is available for Monthly Rentals (30 Day Min.) and is fully furnished and ready to move in!
Lake House is located in West Creek, Colorado on the shores of a small private mountain lake in the Pike National Forest, 20 minutes from Woodland Park, 45 minutes from Colorado Springs and 1.5 hours from Denver. This family vacation home is furnished with American, English, and French antiques as well as basic furnishings. This is the real Colorado, not the “tourist Colorado”. We like to tell our friends that we're kind of in the middle of nowhere but the spot is actually quite accessible. Woodland Park will be the nearest place for gas, groceries, restaurants, supplies and shopping. Deckers, to the north, has a convenience store, bait shop and restaurant.
Please be aware that this home is located in a mountainous environment and winter driving conditions may exist. All wheel drive vehicles are recommended during winter months (October - April).
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS: Sleeps (6)
- BR1, King Bed
- BR 2, Full Bed
- BR 3, Two Twin Beds
- Pets Consider with Fee
This is a dog friendly property, however, please notify us if your dog accompanies you and the following additional charges will apply. A $30 per day/fee will be charged for your pet(s) and a $250 refundable pet deposit is required. Two (2) dogs maximum. No drooling breeds, please. Weight limit 40 pounds.
- WiFi (Centurylink 20 Mbps)
- Land Line Phone
- Full Kitchen
- 2 Full Bathrooms
- Large Outdoor Deck
- Gas Grill, Propane is the responsibility of the guest.
- Gas Fireplace
- Dining Table for 6
- Full-Size Washer and Dryer
- Hammock and Tire Swing
The area is rich with leisure activities. You have everything you can imagine that people do in the Rocky Mountains.
- Exploring Pike National Forest
- Hiking trails
- Biking trails
- World class fishing on the Platte River
- Family-friendly fishing and boating at Cheesman and Manitou Lakes
- Off-roading and 4 wheeling
- Hunting in the Pike National Forest
- Woodland Park shopping and dining
- Manitou Springs shopping and dining
- Colorado Springs shopping and dining
- Pikes Peak
- Florissant Fossil Beds
- White water rafting
- Cross-country skiing
- Downhill skiing at Breckenridge
- Gambling at the historic mining town of Cripple Creek
- Mount Princeton Hot Springs
Getting to the Lake House with a passenger car is easy. You do not need 4-wheel drive. Well-maintained roads are available all year round with the last 1.5 miles on an unpaved road. We're about half way between Woodland Park, Colorado and Deckers, Colorado. The official address places this house in Sedalia, Colorado, however, the house is not near the city of Sedalia. It is located in unincorporated West Creek, Colorado.
- Cell phone service is not available at the home. Service is available within a short drive.
- SMOKING IS NOT ALLOWED ON PROPERTY
- Quiet hours 10 pm to 8 am (Please be courteous!)
*** Short-term renters are prohibited from swimming, boating, or fishing on the lake next to the house. The rule is strictly enforced. Public water access is available at Cheesman Lake and Manitou Lake for boating, and fishing.***
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where are you?
The home is located in the Pike National Forest between Deckers and Woodland Park in unincorporated West Creek. For a more detailed look, search on Maps for 14964 N Pine Lake Dr, Sedalia, CO 80135. If you zoom in and choose 'satellite' you can see the lake; we're near the north end of the lake on the eastern shore near the spillway.
2. Is the property pet friendly?
Yes, we allow pets, so BRING YOUR PETS!
3. Where is the nearest store?
Woodland Park has real stores, including a supermarket. Deckers (north of the house) is closer and has a convenience store, restaurant and bait shop. Like we said, this is real Colorado not tourist Colorado!
4. Where can we fish?
Manitou Lake in Manitou Lake Park (7 miles away), Cheesman Reservoir (15 miles away), or, for serious fly fishing, the South Platte River (multiple sites.)
5. What's your favorite hike? If you situate yourself well in this area, you can look out over miles of wilderness -- land appearing exactly as it did 500 years ago. We strongly recommend tramping around the lake. You'll see a variety of wildlife, including an abundance of local and migratory birds.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Toll Free (888) 519-3298