Lakefront Mountain House with Lovely Interior and Wifi. Available 12 months a year.
This is a family vacation home furnished with fine American, English, and French antiques. And some basic furnishings, too.
On the shores of a small, private mountain lake in the Pike National Forest Area -- 45 minutes from Colorado Springs and 1.5 hours from Denver. This is the 'real Colorado,' not the 'tourist Colorado.' (The house actually borders a National Forest. The lake is to the west; miles and miles of National Forest to the east.) We like to tell our friends that we're 'kind of in the middle of nowhere' but the spot is actually quite accessible -- 14 miles from stores and restaurants.
Is the kitchen fancy? No. It is adequately stocked, spacious, and basic. Electric stove top, no disposal, no dishwasher. Lots of cabinet space.
Getting to the Mountain House with a passenger car is easy. You do not need 4-wheel drive. Well-maintained roads are available all year round with the last 1.5 miles on an unpaved road.
Full kitchen, washer & dryer, Direct TV, Wi-fi.
We're about half way between Woodland Park, Colorado and Deckers, Colorado. (The official address places this house in Sedalia, Colorado which is utterly confusing -- the house is not near the city of Sedalia. Not even close to Sedalia.)
- Hike, bike, relax
- Get cozy around the gas fireplace
- Chill on the stone patio with steps leading into the National Forest
- We have a big hammock that you can place in sun or shade on one of the decks
- Break out our croquet set and set up a course on the hillside; hilarity will occur
- swing on the swing hanging from the tree (providing you are kid-sized)
The area is rich with leisure activities. You have everything you can imagine that people do in the Rocky Mountains (except for downhill skiing and quality white water rafting -- both of these are a good 90 minutes away.)
- Hundreds of stores and restaurants within a one hour drive
- The Garden of the Gods
- Ski at Breckinridge (this is a drive!)
- Gambling at the historic mining town of Cripple Creek
- A Scenic (somewhat obscure) Day Trip that We Love: drive to Mount Princeton Hot Springs near Buena Vista.
- World class fishing on the Platte River
- Family-friendly fishing within 8 miles
- Mountain bike trails
- Cross-country skiing
- Pikes Peak
- Air Force Academy
- Florissant Fossil Beds
- Manitou Springs
There is a ridiculous amount of deck space and a gas grill.
1 bedroom w/King, 1 bedroom w/Full, 1 bedroom w/2 twins.
Kids & pets welcome. BRING YOUR PETS!
A basic Direct TV package. One small TV and DVD player. Landline phone and internet access with Wi-Fi. Your cell phones will work only now and then in this part of the world.
*** Short-term renters are prohibited from swimming, boating, or fishing on the lake next to the house. The rule is strictly enforced. There are, of course, all sorts of recreational activities in the area, including swimming, boating, and fishing.***
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Where are you?
Google maps it. Search for Westcreek, Colorado and you'll see that we are in the Pike National Forest area between Deckers and Woodland Park. For a more detailed look, search on Google maps for 14964 N Pine Lake Dr, Sedalia, CO 80135. If you zoom in and choose 'satellite' you can see the lake; we're near the north end of the lake on the eastern shore near the spillway.
2. Where is the nearest store?
Woodland Park has real stores, including a supermarket. Deckers (north of the house) is closer, It has a bait shop. Like we said, this is real Colorado not tourist Colorado!
5. Where can we fish?
Manitou Lake in Manitou Lake Park (7 miles away), Cheesman Reservoir aka Cheesman Lake (15 miles away), or, for serious fly fishing, the South Platte River (multiple sites.)
9. Dogs ok? Cats ok?
10. What's your favorite hike? If you situate yourself well in this area, you can look out over miles of wilderness -- land appearing exactly as it did 500 years ago. We strongly recommend tramping around the lake. You'll see a variety of wildlife, including an abundance of local and migratory birds.
11. Where is the nearest hospital? Before you arrive we'll send you a handout that includes all sorts of emergency info. The nearest hospital is Pikes Peak Regional Hospital and Surgery Center, just S of "downtown" Woodland Park CO. 16420 West Highway 24, Woodland Park, CO.
To purchase a vacation home like this one, Nichole Reinhardt with PMI Colorado Casa