Salt Water Pool; Pet Friendly; Fenced-In Yard; Davis Canal Views; Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment in Kitchen / Refrigerator / Ice Maker; Gas Fireplace (Seasonal); Hot Tub (Fall 2023/Seasonal); Sleeps 6; Bedroom #1 – King, EnSuite; #2/3: Queen; Handmade Amish Mattresses / Colton brand; Shared Bath (ADA Height Toilet); Deck; Screened In Porch with Doggie Door; Alfresco Dining; Commercial Grade Full Sized Washer/Dryer; Outdoor Shower; Large Gas Grill.
Blue Moon Beach Cottage. Every once in a Blue Moon, you find such a unique property with all these amenities. It is an Evergreen Oasis. Discover a Beautiful Land that Celebrates the Magic of Nature. Look up & be amazed with the 100+ year old Live Oak in the Enclosed Front Yard. Perhaps you will see the Flying Squirrel that lives in the tree. Enjoy the shade or sit in the sun in the Adirondack Chairs on the Front Deck., The Hot Tub is Opening in the Fall. Part of the Magic of the Front Yard is the Colorful World created by the Purple & Blue Solar Lights. On this Quiet Non-Through Street, the Music you hear are the Birds Chirping & the Waves of the Ocean Breaking against the Shore. This cottage is in a narrow area in the Wooded Section where you can hear the Ocean Calling.
In the backyard you will find the Salt Water Pool. On those blazing hot summer days, the Semi-Shade & Cool Water of the Pool are refreshing. During the Cold Months, the Pool can be Heated with & has a Unique Enclosure to keep the heat in. (Please ask about surcharge for heating pool), 7 plus days notice required. The Pool is 7’ Deep on one end & Large enough to Swim Laps or do Water Aerobics. Surrounding the Pool is an Evergreen Astroturf that keeps your feet clean getting in & out of the Pool & creates an Oasis in the backyard. In the evenings, slide into the Pool lit by the Magical Colored Lights shining beneath the water. Watch the Stars as they Sparkle. With the absence of the big city lights, the stars just shine at night. Venus is often visible. Relax in the Lounge Chairs or bring out lunch or dinner to eat Alfresco at the Umbrella Table. The backyard is also Fenced-In & Dog Friendly. There are 2 Bubble Port Hole Windows at Pooch Height for your dog to see what is going on, on the other side of the fence & perhaps get excited about a Squirrel roaming about.
Before you enter from the Deck, you will notice the Large Gas Grill with the Light attached to assure you can see those evening meals as you prepare them. From there you head on in to the Screened-In Porch. Here you have comfortable seating for listening to the many Birds as they each sing their own song. Hear the Waves as you relax. Curl up & read one of several Local Beach Reads. Notice the “Doggie Door” is a Magnetic Enclosed Screen that the family dog just pushes right through to go outside. In the Midyard is a Covered Bike Rack if you brought yours or rented one on the Island.
Move on inside, & you find an Open Concept Kitchen/Dining/Living Room. The Kitchen has a Reverse Osmosis Water Treatment System that assures that you have the best water you have perhaps ever had at the beach. Whether you pour a glass from the tap or add ice from the freezer, while staying here you don’t have to buy bottled water or bagged ice this trip. Small Appliances include a matching aqua set of Countertop Microwave, Blender, Hand Blender & Tea Pot. Bring your favorite ground coffee to brew in the Drip Coffee Maker. If you enjoy bagels, there is a 4 Slice Bagel Sized Toaster. The 6 seat Dining Table is close to the Kitchen making Serving & Cleanup quick & easy.
In the Living area are a Comfortable Leather Sofa, Love Seat & Chair with Ottoman. The Large Screen TV has Roku Service. Log into your favorite Streaming Service & enjoy the seemingly speed of light Fiber Optic Network. Maybe watch that movie you’ve be wanting to see. Relive family memories on DVD using the DVD Player. Seasonally, there is a Gas Fireplace to create a cozy ambiance. The Coffee Table expands to give you ample space to assemble a puzzle or play the various games, including Southport-O’poly with local landmarks.
This Cottage sleeps 6 in 3 Bedrooms. Another Unique quality here are the Handmade Amish Colton Mattresses made in Asheville, NC. This may be the best night’s rest you’ve ever had. That’s what many guests think because several have purchased these mattresses for their home after sleeping on them here. The Primary Suite is the where the Mermaids dwell, you may even see one from your Pool View. The EnSuite has a Tub/Shower Combination. Unpack using the Dresser & Walk-In Closet. Bedroom #2 is Beach Comber’s room with a Queen, Dresser/Closet & a View of the Pool. The 3rd Bedroom also has a Queen & with the Ship’s Wheel (from an older family boat) on the wall you may guess this room to be the Captain’s Quarters. It has a Dresser & Closet to Unpack. The Commercial Grade Full-Sized Washer/Dryer keep those towels & swimsuits always ready for the Beach or Pool.
You don’t have to wait for a Blue Moon to make Our Beach House, Your Beach House.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. No smoking allowed.
3. Limit of 2 dogs - The 2 dogs must not exceed a combined weight of 80lbs bringing a dog. If you break house rules and bring more than 2 dogs, a $500 pet fee will be charged. Dogs are NOT allowed in the pool.
4. Home is not child proof, please be aware this home is an elevated property with a pool. Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times when in or around the pool.
5. No unregistered guests allowed.
6. Please don’t eat or drink in the bedrooms.
7. Please respect the noise curfew for Oak Island which is 11pm.
8. Please do not turn AC temperature lower than 68 degrees.
9. Please respect check-in and check-out times.
10. Please take care of the furnishings and appliances in the house. You will be responsible to pay for damages that may happen during your stay.
11. Please don’t rearrange the furniture.
12. Please make sure all dishes are clean and properly put away before checking out. (Dish washer pods can be found in your welcome bag)
13. Please empty the trash and recycling bins inside the home into their respective larger outdoor bins.
14. No illegal substances allowed on the premises (including any legalized synthetics mimicking illegal drugs)
15. No running around and no diving in the pool. Diving can result is serious injury or death. We are not responsible for any injury or death resulting from use of the pool and the surroundings.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Toll Free (800) 949-8031