The Anchor Inn Motel:
Built in the early 1980’s this Classic Retro Island Motel has been an Oak Island Treasure for many families over the years. The convenient location by the shops and restaurants and short walk to the beach make this motel a family favorite. The Anchor Inn Motel has been recently fully renovated and is now even better than new. Outside you still see a Classic Traditional motel but inside each room is a beautiful retreat to relax & enjoy your time at the beach.
The 18 beautiful rooms are perfect for solo travelers, small families & groups alike. Retreats, Reunions, Large Family & Wedding Groups will find the 4 sets of Conjoined Rooms and the property perfect for their gatherings.
All 18 Rooms have been Recently Renovated; Dog Friendly rooms are available; Conjoined rooms are available;
No Extra Cleaning or Linen Charges.
On-Site Pool with Umbrella Tables & Ample Seating
Retro Surfboard Outdoor Rinse Station
Short Walk to the Beach; Near Lots of Shopping & Restaurants
Brand New Comfortable Beds & Linens; Room Darkening Shades
Kitchenette: Coffee Maker, Microwave, Galanz Retro Fridge/Freezer for beverages and snacks
Smart TVs with Free HBO & Free WiFi
Full Bathroom with Combination Tub/Shower
Storage for Personal Items
Washer/Dryers Available On Site
Ideal for Families,Solo Travelers, Groups, Retreats, Family Reunions and Weddings
Picnic Tables & Grills available for use on site
Sanitation Rating of 100.
Better than a Short-Term Rental:
Is your getaway a spontaneous weekend trip or a week-long carefully planned vacation? The amenities at The Anchor Inn Motel fit both. Advantages of this motel over a Short-Term Rental home include More Flexible Check-ins & No Cleaning and Linen Fees.
Situated in the middle of the island, you are not far from anything you want to do. Shop. Eat. Fish. Enjoy the Sand, Surf & Sun just a short walk away. Many of these activities are within walking distance.
The Amazing Rooms:
The Recently Renovated 18 Rooms are all on one level with convenient parking near each room. Everything is New in these beautifully remodeled rooms. Immediately feel like you’re at the beach with the Shiplap & Beadboard finishes & beautiful art. Each room has a kitchenette. Make your morning coffee in the coffee maker, store your beverages, snacks & leftovers in the retro compact Galanz fridge/freezer or Heat them in the provided microwave. Some rooms have a small dining table / mobile workstation. There is plenty of room to store your personal items & luggage. There is a full Bath with a Tub/Shower combination in each room for washing off the cares of everyday life. Pull the Room Darkening Drapes & Soundly Sleep in the New Comfortable Beds with Luxury Linens. On-site Washers & Dryers mean less clothes to bring & more room to pack souvenirs of a fun getaway. Some rooms are available to bring your family dog along. 4 Sets of Rooms are Conjoined which allow for groups to feel more connected. (rooms 116 & 117, 118 & 119, 120 & 121, 122 & 123). Relax enjoying the smart TVs with Free HBO. The Free WiFi is great if you’re doing your work on the go.
After a fun day in the surf, rinse off the sand at our cute Surfboard Rinse Station. When you return back to the motel, enjoy the large pool to swim or just splash around. Relax at one of the umbrella tables around the pool & enjoy our island breezes. Dine al-fresco at our picnic tables & cook your dinner on the provided grills, often enjoyed by groups.
Everything about The Anchor Inn Motel will make you feel like you’ve stayed in an upscale retreat and wanting to plan your next visit.
Check in and check out times:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. No parties or events allowed.
2. No smoking allowed in rooms. Use desigated areas outside.
3. Pets allowed in specified rooms only. $25 per night fee is required and to be paid prior to check in. Clean up after pets.
4. Children must be watched at all times.
5. No unregistered guests allowed.
6. Please respect the noise curfew for Oak Island which is 11pm.
7. Please adhere to posted pool hours
8. Please do not turn AC temperature lower than 68 degrees.
9. Please respect check-in and check-out times.
10. Please take care of the furnishings and appliances in the room. You will be responsible to pay for damages that may happen during your stay.
11. Please don’t rearrange the furniture.
12. Garbage cans can be found on West side of the building
13. Only 2 cars allowed in parking lot or side of the motel per room
14. No illegal substances allowed on the premises (including any legalized synthetics mimicking illegal drugs)
15. While on the beach No climbing on Dunes, stay on designated paths.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Toll Free (800) 949-8031