The suite at Linden Tree Farm is a spacious 1 room suite hosted in the historic Linden Tree Carriage House in downtown Newburyport. Linden Tree Carriage House,is part of a a circa-1840 mansion, is well-known for ginger bread moldings, and lovely gardens. Guests of Linden Tree Suite will step back into a gentile time of elegance and opulence. The suite showcases the historic home's antique architecture with antique beams and gleaming pumpkin pine floors.
Visitors to Linden Tree Suite enjoy a completely private suite. The suite comprises a spacious room, private entryway, and private bath. The main room of the suite provides a queen bed, a seating area with chaise, chairs, and accompanying tables, 2 over sized bureaus, and TV. The adjoining area provides a coffee station with microwave and mini fridge, and a work space.
Stepping out from the suite at Linden Tree Farm, visitors stroll along High Street, Newburyport's mansion row. High St. is an architecture buff’s joy ride with Federalist, Victorian, and Empire style mansions leading to Newburyport's vibrant downtown. Newburyport has been awarded a best place to live, and many "Best of North Shore" (BONS) awards for its excellent and varied restaurants, pubs, museums, and boutiques.
For a respite from the vibrant city life, one can take the paved rail trail that leads directly to the scenic River Walk Park in downtown or out to the Scenic Essex Byway. Nearby, the outdoors beckons with Plum Island for local wildlife & bird watching, Parker River for water play, or beach combing along Plum Island or Salisbury beaches.
Linden Tree Suite provides an excellent location for exploring beyond Newburyport. The suite is a short drive to Plum Island, Salisbury Beach, and other North Shore venues: Gloucester, Rockport, Salem & Marblehead. The commuter train is a 2-minute drive and provides relaxing train access to all the coastal cities between Boston and Portland Maine.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (maximum occupancy of 2):
Main Room - Bedroom & Sitting Area - sleeping capacity 2
- Queen size bed between with bedside tables and lamps
- 2 large bureaus
- Flat Screen TV with Cable
- Seating area with chaise lounge and chairs.
Additional Features - Kitchenette and Work space
- Sun-drenched room with large windows and skylights
- Kitchenette furnished with dining accouterments and small appliances (coffee maker, microwave, and mini fridge)
- Large tub with Shower
- Kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffee maker!
- Light and bright suite with Queen Size bed
- Beautiful hardwood floors throughout the suite.
- Modern bathroom.
- Cable TV
**** House Rules *****
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere in this home.
- No pets allowed!
As with each of our iTrip North Shore properties, the suite at Linden Tree Farm features a "starter kit" of a few-days' worth of supplies for guests that includes toilet paper, paper towels, hand soap, & more. The bed at Linden Tree Farm is fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest is also included in the rental rate.
Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
Please know neighbors reside in a separate unit on-premises. Staying like a local means being considerate of your neighbors. Please be respectful of the neighbors.
*** About Newburyport
Newburyport, a coastal city 35 miles northeast of Boston, Massachusetts, is an historic seaport that extends along the mighty Merrimack river. The Merrimack River leads to Plum Island, a gorgeous barrier island with long expanses of beach, marshes, and nature preserves.
Anchored in a rich Maritime heritage, Newburyport boasts national attractions, vibrant boating, rich culture, and award-winning dining and shopping.
* Hike, pedal, or paddle to explore Parker River or Joppa Flats.
* Explore Downtown's unique boutiques, amazing antiques, fabulous food, craft beer, local wines, and coffee shops.
* Discover Newburyport's seafaring and colonial history - experience colonial life in a historic home tour, see skiffs or ships being built
* Reserve the Newburyport Lighthouse for a private romantic meal.
* Enjoy a cruise to watch whales, fish, SCUBA dive, or dine
* Unique Golf courses nestled amongst sea marshes, tidal rivers, and rocky
*** About Properties managed by iTrip North Shore
Guests staying at all iTrip North Shore managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome Home pack with treats!
* All baths are stocked with additional fresh towels for guests.
* All beds are ready made for guests with freshly laundered sheets & fresh towels for each registered guest.
* Starter pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber, dish towel, and dishwasher cleaner to get you going for your stay.
* Cleaning is done with green cleaning products.