Come and visit The Nest, a pet-friendly, waterfront oasis on the South Shore of Lake Travis - and just 20 miles from downtown Austin! The Nest sits serenely on Stewart’s Cove, just outside of Lakeway, TX, and offers guests waterfront access with a boat dock and your own little shore! This is the perfect place to spend your summer vacation and make lasting memories - complete with swimming, dock-jumping, fishing, and boating in a secluded cove.
What was once part of Robin's Nest Bed & Breakfast, The Nest doubles as both a romantic getaway for you and your partner and a fun, family destination to escape the summer heat at.
__________ ABOUT THE HOME __________
- 1 bedroom with a king size bed, french doors that look out to one of two covered patios
- 1 'nook' is the perfect spot for stackable twin beds that can be taken apart and moved, or remain stacked as a single twin
- A cozy living room space with a full size pullout sofa
- 2 full bathrooms
- An eclectic, fun kitchen with stainless steel appliances and a door that opens to…
- … Perhaps the most utilized space in the house - the outside patio that overlooks the water! Start each day right with a coffee and view of the lake, converse and dine around the large dining table found on the patio as well, and end the day right with a glass of wine under the stars.
- Free WiFi, large TV, full-size washer & dryer.
You’ll feel right at home in this rustic cottage, but don’t get too comfortable; the outdoors are calling your name!
The Nest shares property with four other residences (which can be rented with The Nest if you’re traveling in a large group) that all have access to the boat dock, 150 feet of shoreline, and access to the common area. The common area is shared space and provides:
- One of, if not THE best swimming coves in Lake Travis.
- A large fire pit.
- A teeter-totter.
- And the dock that offers a diving board, lake toys including fishing poles, floats, life jackets, etc.
Dogs are most certainly welcome to enjoy the grounds with you (limit of 1 dog per unit) if they are under 40 pounds and are up to date on their vaccinations!
If you’ve had your fun in the sun and are needing a night on the town, hop in the car and you can be at the Live Music Capital of the World in half an hour. The surrounding Texas Hill Country all around Lakeway also offers plenty of shops, restaurants, wineries, and hikes for you to indulge in. Or, simply walk down the street and enjoy a meal on the water at the Sundancer Grill - just a two minute walk from The Nest!
Whether you are just needing a weekend repose with your partner or you are treating your family to a summer vacation, look no further than the Nest on Lake Travis! The Nest will accommodate up to 6 people, no more.
Be sure to ask about about current specials and discounted rates for extended stays.
We hope to see you soon!
- Non-smoking residence
- No events, parties or large gatherings without prior approval
- Must be at least 25 years old to reserve home
- small dogs (under 40lbs) are allowed with a Non Refundable pet fee
- on-site boat trailer parking is available for $25
- Photo ID may be required upon check-in
- Pets MUST be kept on a leash at all times when outside
- City and State taxes, in addition to cleaning fee and standard Property Damage Protection Policy will be added to all reservation rates.
- For the safety of our guests, exterior property and dock are under 24/7 video surveillance
Hi Christina, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at The Nest - sounds like you'll need to come back and give the fish another chance! Thanks again and hope to have you back, -Amy with iTrip
Hi Aaron, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review - we are glad you enjoyed your stay! We have tried to make it clear in the listing that this is definitely not a place for a quiet weekend away at the lake - there are a total of 6 properties in the cul-de-sac, all of which are vacation rentals, and the dock and certain areas are shared space - great for making new friends but you are correct, not the place if you're looking for a romantic couples getaway. Again, so glad you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back! Thank you for the feedback, -Amy with iTrip
Hi Amy, It was great having you all back again this year and we look forward to seeing you again! Safe travels home, -Amy with iTrip
Hi Lucy, Thank you for taking the time to leave this review - sounds like you had a wonderful time and we hope you will come back again when the weather is warmer! p.s., we've got that grill in place! Thanks again, -Amy with iTrip