Carriage on Conduit
*Still Available for 2023 Commissioning Week - Flexible Cancellation Policy*
*Parking Passes available on request; first come/first serve.
Originally built in 1857, this fully-restored home has a rich history that's been documented from it's original purpose as a Horse Barn and later became a popular hotel, due to its location in the center of the City, along with the neighboring townhouses on the block. As part of the larger City Hotel complex, this row house block is a rare example of early 19th century commercial domestic architecture which retains a high degree of integrity and contributes significantly to the pivotal intersection of Duke of Gloucester and Conduit streets. In 1900 the rowhouse block was sold independently in 1903 to Weems and Grafton D. Ridout, in whose family the building remained until the mid twentieth century.
When entering the home, you will be greeted by both the historic charm and all of the upgraded amenities that make for a modern experience. Walk through the impeccably-decorated living and dining rooms into the stunning gourmet kitchen with all stainless steel appliance and beautiful granite kitchen counters. Even the breakfast bar seating is an example of the owners' attention to beautiful decor. Head out the glass door in the kitchen to the private fenced-in back patio with lounge chairs and a BBQ. Also on the main floor is a European-inspired full bath with a luxury shower.
Upstairs are the 2 bedrooms, 2nd full baths and Den. There's a King bed in the Main bedroom, a Queen in the guest room and the sofa in the Den that pulls out to a full bed. There's also a flatscreen TV and sunny desk space in the Den.
When you're ready to explore Annapolis, you are just 1/2 a block to the shops and restaurants on Main Street, 2 blocks to the waterfront and 3 blocks to the Naval Academy!
**COVID - 19 Extra Special Precautions: Our guests and staff's health is our top priority. Our cleaners are taking every precaution when cleaning this home and making sure it meets CDC standards. We are going above and beyond to ensure all surfaces and touch points are being cleaned thoroughly and disinfected (including all light switches, faucets, doorknobs, cabinet handles, remotes, etc.). You will have self check-in and no physical interaction with anyone.
**Please note, the parking garage located behind the is currently under construction until possibly 2024. Crews can begin work as early as 7am until 5pm and sometimes on the weekends. We apologize for any inconvenience.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS 2 BR / 2 BA / Sleeps 6:
Main King Bedroom:
- Second Floor
- King Bed
- Full Bath in the Hall or downstairs
- Second Floor
- Queen Bed
- Full Bath in the Hall or downstairs
- Full Sofa Bed
- Flat Screen TV
- Full Bath in the Hall or downstairs
- Private Patio fenced in the back yard with propane BBQ grill
- Full gourmet kitchen
- Breakfast bar seats 4
- Dining room table seats 4
- Big Screen TV's
- Double-facing decorative fireplaces
- Luxury linens, complimentary toiletries Starter Kit, and boutique-level service
- Washer & dryer located inside the home
- No pets
- Elderly and guests with mobility issues may want to inquire about the steep staircase and/or may want to consider other accommodations.
- While this property does not have attached parking, we have street parking passes available UPON REQUEST! First come, first serve.
- Keyless entry. Drive straight to your rental home and enter the door with an electronic lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you our mobile app with directions and full instructions.
Property Distance to:
- U.S. Naval Academy – 3 blocks; 8 minute walk
- Washington, DC – 30 miles
- Baltimore - 25 miles
* Amenity & Supplies pack, a starter set of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion and hand sanitizer, paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber and dishwashing liquid to get you going.
* All beds are ready made for you with freshly laundered sheets & towels.
Reservations made for teenagers or young single groups will not be honored without any accompanying adult staying in the unit at ALL times. We require at least one member of the party to be 25 (twenty-five) years of age. No smoking/no pets. Please respect the neighbors and neighborhood. No parties, events or smoking of any kind.
Check-in time: 4:00 pm
Check-out time: 11:00 am
**If Commissioning Week is cancelled by the Naval Academy, families who book this property will receive a Full Refund.
To purchase a vacation townhome like this one, Carol Snyder with Monument Sotheby's International Realty
Check in and check out times:
Frequently Asked Questions
We want everyone to have a great stay but we understand that things may break or some items may get overlooked. We'll do our best to get them fixed.
We do ask that all guests TAKE TIME TO BE KIND. Common courtesy goes a long way. Sadly since the pandemic we have all witnessed an increase in aggressive or unacceptable behavior. Our team has taken a lot of abuse and experienced some very unkind guests.
Misunderstandings are one of the leading causes of guest complaints. Please make sure you read everything we send to you. This include the entire rental listing, all of our house rules, all photos, all emails & texts and all the help articles in your iTrip account. This helps avoid misunderstandings in the first place.
AGREEMENTTenant is at least 25 years old (an "adult") and will be an occupant of the unit Carriage on Conduit. Should any unauthorized persons occupy or use the Premises, Tenant shall vacate the premises immediately without any refund.
BALANCEBalance is due 30 days prior to arrival date and includes a refundable damage deposit. The balance is due on _BalanceDueDate_. Payment may be made by major credit card. Damage deposit will be refunded within 7 -10 days of checkout pending inspection by cleaning firm.
HAZARDOUS PRACTICESNo BBQ grills of any kind are permitted in the unit. No open flames permitted in the unit.
ABSOLUTELY NO PETSIf evidence of a pet(s) is found in the unit or on the premises you will be asked to vacate immediately with no refund of rent or damage deposit.
FALSIFIED RESERVATIONAny reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit, damage deposit, and/or balance of rental payment.
HOUSEKEEPINGThere is no daily maid service. Linens and towels are included and not to be taken from the unit. There is a $_CleaningFee_ one time cleaning fee.
UTILITIESNo compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water or cable.
NONSMOKING UNITYour damage deposit will be forfeited and you will incur an additional charge for cleaning and deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found.
ENTRY BY OWNEROwner or owner's agents may enter the premises: in case of an emergency; to make any necessary or agreed upon repairs, alterations, or improvements; supply necessary or agreed upon services or show the premises to prospective purchasers, renters or contractors. 24 hours notice of Owners intent to enter will be given (except in the case of an emergency).
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- Tenant agrees to leave the premises and its contents in the same condition, neat and tidy, as Tenant found the premises to be upon move-in, normal wear and tear expected. Beds should be stripped of linens and placed in a pile in each bedroom for housekeeping.
- All dishes are to be washed and all garbage removed from the premises and placed in outside receptacles. If these items are not completed, the guest will be charged an additional cleaning fee.
- The maximum number of occupants shall not exceed 6 people, not including a child in a crib.
- Furnishings are not to be removed from the premises for use outside or in other properties.
- No pets allowed on premises.
- No Smoking.
- Reservations are not made by or for a minor, defined as any person under the age of 25.
- Tenant and any guest of Tenant shall obey all laws of the state of Maryland, as well as local laws, at all times while they are on the premises. Failure to abide by the laws of Maryland or the above rules may cause tenant to be asked to vacate the premises and forfeit all rents and security/damage deposits.
- All noise must be brought inside by 10pm. Failure to do so could result in a $500 fine.
SLEEPING CAPACITY/DISTURBANCESTenant and all other occupants will be required to vacate the premises and forfeit the rental fee and security deposit for: Occupancy exceeding the sleeping capacity of 6 people, using the premises for illegal activity, causing damage to the premises rented or to any of the neighboring properties and any other acts which interferes with neighbors' right to quiet enjoyment of their premises.
HOLD HARMLESSiTrip or the Owner, does not assume any liability for loss, damage or injury to persons or their personal property. Neither does owner accept any liability for any inconveniences, damage, loss or injury arising from any temporary defects or stoppage in supply of water, gas, cable service, electricity or plumbing, as well as due to weather conditions, natural disasters, acts of God, or other reasons beyond its control.
MAINTENANCEPlease report any maintenance needs for the premises to the us and we will respond as quickly as possible. Refunds will not be made for maintenance issues including, but not limited to heating and air conditioning, appliances, televisions, and stereos.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Toll Free (833) 487-4726