Sleeps 6; 3 Bedrooms: Bedroom #1 (Queen with EnSuite - Shower), Bedroom #2 (Queen); Hall Bath (Shower); Bedroom #3 (Queen with EnSuite – Shower, Private Entrance); Smart TVs; Washer/Dryer; Gas Grill; Short Walk to Shopping, Restaurants, Art Galleries, Parks, Museums & the Visitor Center; 15-minute drive to Oak Island.
Tidewater Cottage is nestled in one of the most picturesque neighborhoods in Southport. Large Live Oaks & Magnolias shade the streets whispering, “North is a direction. South is a lifestyle.”
Southport is a walking town. Within a short stroll are eateries from breakfast, lunch, coffee & a muffin to seafood with a view & upscale dinner. In the heart of Southport, you can visit various beautiful parks, art galleries, museums, the visitor center & charming shops. One could spend an entire day browsing all the unique little stores. 2 short blocks down the sidewalk await swings to sit & watch as the cargo ships enter the mouth of the Cape Fear River headed to the Port of Wilmington. Feel the healing salubrious breezes Southport is known for. Walk the river beach. Southport hosts a number of festivals during the year. A short 15-minute drive & your toes are in the sand on Oak Island or Caswell Beach. Oak Island also has a wide variety of cuisines & shops to discover. 15 minutes the other direction & you can stroll the colonial streets of Old Brunswick Town. The Cape Fear River made this town a port long before Wilmington became one. It’s all a part of the Tidewater Cottage experience.
Enter to the open concept living & dining areas. Watch your favorite shows on the Big Screen TV while lounging on the comfortable seating. Play games or assemble puzzles on the large coffee table. You can prepare snacks to dinners in the fully stocked kitchen with an eat-in breakfast area. Bedroom #1 (King, EnSuite - Shower) & Bedroom #2 (Queen), Hall Bathroom (Shower) are within the cottage. Full-sized Washer & Dryer will keep your swimsuits fresh for the next day in the sun & sand. In the backyard, with a private entrance & past the sea turtle cutout shutters, lies a cottage within a cottage. Bedroom #3 (Queen) has an EnSuite (Shower) & is your own private getaway.
Bring one of the provided beach reads, several about our little town & relax on the air-conditioned sun porch during the heat of the day. In the evenings under the ambiance of the Edison Lights, bring your favorite beverage on the back deck & ponder the fun day you had. On the large gas grill, cook your fresh seafood (caught on one of the local piers / charters or bought from the seafood purveyor 2 blocks away). The beautifully landscaped grassed yard is where you’ll want to play any lawn games you brought.
So close to the Cape Fear River, the Old Yacht Basin & the Southport Marina, you are around plenty of areas to watch the tides rise & fall. At Tidewater Cottage you watch as memorable moments are made.
**This property is 100% pet free and smoke free, no exceptions. Failure to follow this rule will result in added fees/ costs for remediation. Cost is at discretion of property manager.
Frequently Asked Questions
2. No smoking allowed.
3. No pets allowed.
4. This home is not child proof.
5. No unregistered guests allowed.
6. Please don’t eat or drink in the bedrooms.
7. Please respect the noise curfew for Southport which is 11pm.
8. Please do not turn AC temperature lower than 68 degrees.
9. Please respect check-in and check-out times.
10. Please take care of the furnishings and appliances in the house. You will be responsible to pay for damages that may happen during your stay.
11. Please don’t rearrange the furniture.
12. Please make sure all dishes are clean and properly put away before checking out. (Dish washer pods can be found in your welcome bag)
13. Please empty the trash and recycling bins inside the home into their respective larger outdoor bins.
14. No illegal substances allowed on the premises (including any legalized synthetics mimicking illegal drugs)
15. When returning from the beach or water, please leave all beach gear outside. There is a hose on the back side of the home to rinse yourself and gear off prior to entering the home.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Toll Free (800) 949-8031