Welcome to Broom & Board. As you enter through the antique front door, you are greeted by a vestibule that cherishes history while celebrating modern conveniences.
Climb the stairway to your private entrance on the 2nd floor with keyless entry! Enter into a seating and dining area with a big screen smart TV sitting on a super sleek TV console.
The chef will love the stainless steel appliances, french-door fridge, the 5-burner gas range, the plethora of spices, and bar seating overlooking the cooking center. It's like you're on stage - showcasing your culinary talents. Or ... you can get everyone involved ... there's plenty of space for the whole crew to help prepare the meals. Either way - it's a joy to cook in this kitchen. As you look around, savor the custom design elements - hand burnished walnut shelves, sleek stylish lighting, and more - welcome to a designer's kitchen.
The 2nd floor sports 2 of the 4 bedrooms and 1 of the 2 full baths as well as the laundry facilities.
Ascend the back stairway to the 3rd floor with a great living room - 2 seating areas. One with a sectional sofa and 2 chairs and another big screen smart TV. Bean bag chairs for gaming or classic seating to watch your favorite shows.
Behind the TV, is a kitchette/wet bar, with mini fridge, microwave, and more. Also, a private work space with desk.
2 more bedrooms and the other full bathroom.
As you can see Broom & Board is gorgeously appointed; yet, it's location is even more spectacular. At Broom & Board, you enjoy the peacefulness of a quiet side street, and still you are mere moments from all the hubbub of Salem: many of the attractions and the center of Haunted Happenings are just a couple blocks away. An added treat! There's a sweet neighborhood beach just 5 minutes away. Broom & Board is a short walk to Salem Willows: enjoy the huge city pier to swim, grab a lobster roll or fried clams, ride the bumper cars, or just relax by the sea. City or sea - it's all a short walk from Broom & Board.
******* Broom & Board Amenities
All 3 Master bedrooms have
- Queen size bed between 2 bedside tables with lamps
- Large Bureau and Large Closet
- 2 Twin beds, each with a bedside table with lamp
- Large Closet
2 Large Bathrooms
- One bathroom has tub with rain shower
- One bathroom has a large walk-in shower.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with full size appliances, coffee maker, blender & more!
- Living & Dining room with Big Screen TV
- Beautifully redone hardwood floors throughout the home.
- Washer & dryer.
- Off street parking for 2 cars in Tandem
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere in this home.
- No pets allowed!
Salem is a historic, coastal city, located in Boston's' North Shore. A bedrock of New England history, Salem is considered one of the most significant seaports in Puritan American history. Salem's cultural identity reflects its role in the infamous Salem witch trials of 1692; Witch logos adorn Salem police cars, taxis, magazines, & newspapers.
The city is home to the House of the Seven Gables, Salem State University, the headquarters of Salem Willows Park, Pioneer Village, Salem Maritime National Historic Site, and the Peabody Essex Museum. It also features two historic residential neighborhoods, the Federal Street District and the Charter Street Historic District. Salem is a residential and tourist area which includes the neighborhoods of Salem Neck, Downtown Salem District, The Point, South Salem and North Salem, Witchcraft Heights, Pickering Wharf, and the McIntire Historic District (named after Salem's famous architect and carver Samuel McIntire).
About iTrip North Shore Properties
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted for smoking or vaping in the home or on the property.
- NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
These are cause for eviction with no refund. If any damage impacts our ability to offer the home for future guests, you will be held liable.
- Each of property features a starter set of supplies for guests which includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & hand soap.
- The beds are fully made & ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest are included in the rental rate.
- For family friendly homes, a luxury Pack-n-Play or other children's furnishings are available for an additional charge (as availability permits).
Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate of the neighbors.
Frequently Asked Questions
If allowed, you must have a crate to kennel your dog when left alone in the home. There is also an additional cleaning fee.
** Please note: Some breeds cannot be allowed for insurance/legal reasons.
- A walk or bike ride along the Marblehead Rail Trail, a 4-mile long pathway that meanders through wooded areas and continues on into the neighboring towns of Swampscott and Salem.
- A walk through the Marblehead Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, located just 1/4 mile from Broom & Board, offering a one mile trail through 20 wooded acres, with the opportunity for bird and animal sightings.
- A visit to Devereux Beach, Marblehead’s largest beach, which offers a playground, restaurant, picnic tables, and parking. Lifeguards on duty during specified hours.
- Renting stand-up paddle boards at Riverhead Beach and exploring the boats and sites in Marblehead Harbor.
- Eating in Marblehead’s many restaurants, from waterfront dining at the Landing to seafood at the Barnacle or sandwiches and pizza at Cafe Vesuvius.
- A visit to one of Marblehead’s many beautiful oceanfront parks, including Chandler Hovey park (featuring the Marblehead Lighthouse), Castle Rock (for the climb and the views), and Fort Sewall (for the scenery and the history).
- A visit to one of Marblehead’s many historical sites, including the Jeremiah Lee Mansion, the King Hooper Mansion, Old Burial Hill, the Old Townhouse, and Abbot Hall (home of the painting the Spirit of ’76).
- Wandering through Marblehead’s two quaint shopping districts, one newer and one dating from the 1600s, with both offering a variety of dining and shopping options.
- Exploring the older part of Marblehead at the far end of the peninsula, with many houses bearing plaques dating from the 1600s and providing information about the original owner’s name and occupation.
- A visit to one of Marblehead’s many playgrounds, including Gatchell’s, Hobbs, and Gerry, with climbing structures and slides as well as open fields for children and adults to enjoy.
- A movie right in the heart of Marblehead at the Warwick Theater.
- The Salem Witch Museum, Witch House, and Witch Dungeon offer educational insights into the witch trials that took place in Salem in the 1600s.
- The world class Peabody Essex Museum with a variety of unique exhibitions from around the world.
- The House of the Seven Gables, well known as the setting of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s novel of the same name.
- Pickering Wharf, a harbourfront shopping and dining district offering views of beautiful boats and the opportunity to stroll to the end of the nearby pier, ideally after first stopping by Captain Dusty’s for some homemade ice cream.
- Salem Willows, which offers ocean front parks, beaches, and walking paths as well as an old fashioned arcade, including a carousel and miniature golf course.
- A variety of specialty walking tours are available, many focusing on the Salem Witch Trials.
- Boat and trolley tours also offer the opportunity to explore Salem by land or water and learn about the town’s history.
- Pay at the kiosk, with cash or credit card
- Pay by phone, through the Passport Parking App, available on these Play Store and Apple App Store.
Free parking lots are at the Train Station and 2 Blue Lane Road on Rt 127.
During the winter, meters and kiosk parking is free. All seasons, on-street parking outside of the meter and kiosk areas are free.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Phone (978) 737-7084