|Master Bedroom Queen|
|Guest Bedroom Twin|
Try to imagine waking up in a Comfy Cottage nestled in a quiet nook of Plum Island. You stretch; grab your kayak, and start your day with an early morning paddle enriched by sea breezes and birdsong. Meanwhile, your fellow travelers are making breakfast or stretched out on the daybed in the sunroom, finishing that amazing book! Ahh vacation! Does it get any better than this?
Comfy Cottage is 5-minute walk to a fabulous private neighborhood beach - soft sand access is right down the street. The beach is on the bay side of Plum Island - so more tame waters for all types of paddlers: bring your kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards. After you've enjoyed a day of swimming and sunning - stop by the outdoor shower. Rinsing off sand while gazing at the beautiful blue sky - outdoor showers are one of those special joys of summer!
Comfy Cottage is the perfect couple's or small family beach getaway. As you enter Comfy Cottage, you are welcomed by a cozy beachy feel. One is drawn to the sunroom - it surrounds you with delightful water views. Enjoy the views while you lounge in the daybed, dine at the table, or snack at the breakfast bar. Ooh la! What a delightful cottage!
The living room has a wonderful comfy couch and chair with an ottoman. Guests can enjoy their favorite streaming services on the large screen Smart TV. The decorative wood stove and quirky touches add a cozy ambience.
The newly renovated kitchen provides all the accoutrements to cook: plenty of counter space for preparing those fabulous family meals: a gas stove for easy cooking; a dishwasher for quick cleanup, a full size fridge to hold all that food, and a table for those glorious vacation breakfasts. The kitchen is fully furnished with all the dishes, glassware and cooking accoutrements. Lobster dinner anyone? Comfy Cottage is ready to host that special summer get-away.
Comfy Cottage offers great amenities! The outdoor space is wonderful! The private yard is surrounded by beautiful flower beds. Enjoy cooking on the gas grill and dining at the outdoor table!
Enjoy appetizers and happy hour in the cozy and calming living room! The vibe and style oozes peace and serenity. Or, watch a great movie on the big-screen (55-inch) smart TV.
Dinner's ready! Then, gather around your choice of dining tables: sunroom, kitchen or outdoors.
The sun streams into the sunroom, through the surrounding windows! Want some quiet time? The daybed beckons for that afternoon nap or reading with your eyes closed.
Ready for bed? Then head into the master bedroom. From the master bedroom, guests enjoy a comfy queen bed. A Large closet and bedside table with lamp, round out the accouterments of the master bedroom.
The guest bedroom offers a twin bed. Storage system for storing hanging and folding clothes. The guest room provides a full-sized desk and chair - a private and quiet place to work.
The sunroom offers a twin daybed - if your group has just one more.
Comfy Cottage offers 1 full bath. The bath includes a walk-in shower.
****** SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (Maximum Occupancy - 4)
** Master bedroom (Sleeping Capacity - 2)
- Queen bed
- Bedside Lamps
- 1 Closet
** Guest bedroom (Sleeping Capacity - 1)
- 1 Twin bef
- 1 Storage system
- 1 Desk and Chair
** Sunroom Daybed (Sleeping Capacity - 1)
- 1 Twin Daybed
** Bathroom Facilities
- 1 Full bath
- 1st Floor bath with walk-in shower
***** Comfy Cottage Accommodation Highlights:
- Fully-equipped kitchen with full-size appliances
- Drip coffee maker, blender, dishwasher & more!
- Eat-in kitchen: breakfast bar with seating for 2, and kitchen table that comfortably accommodates 4
- Living room with Big Screen TV', comfy sofa, and comfy side chair with ottoman, side tables and coffee table
- Hi-Speed WiFi – great for work or play
- Off-street Parking for 2 cars in Tandem
- Private yard with outdoor dining table (seating for 4), gas grill and firepit
- The owners graciously offer the use of their Gas Grill at no additional charge
- Window AC units to cool the home during those hazy, hot & humid summer days
***** Mobility Friendly Features of Comfy Cottage
- One floor living - all bedrooms, bathrooms, and living spaces are on the first floor.
- Easy Access to the Cottage - climb just a few stairs to enter the home.
- Easy Access to the Shower - an easy walk-in shower.
- Inside all spaces are on 1 floor with a single step down to enter the sunroom
**** Explore Plum Island - by foot, paddle or pedal.
Plum Island is a 6-mile long barrier beach that extends south of Newburyport. Most of it makes up the Parker River Wildlife Refuge, which is visited seasonally by nearly 300 bird species.
Walking on a beach across a National Wildlife Refuge, hearing the waves crashing on long, sandy beaches, watching birds and deer nearby…
A walk is a nice introduction to the extraordinary diversity of the Plum Island scenery. Take a walk both on the beach and on the main Refuge road, which offers wonderful views on the Plum Island River marshes and the Broad Sound.
Plum Island creates a nice protected bay which leads to marshes along the Parker River - take a kayak or paddleboard tour through the marshes.
*** About Newburyport
Newburyport, a coastal city 35 miles northeast of Boston, Massachusetts, is an historic seaport that extends along the mighty Merrimack River. The Merrimack River leads to Plum Island, a gorgeous barrier island with long expanses of beach, marshes, and nature preserves.
Anchored in a rich Maritime heritage, Newburyport boasts national attractions, vibrant boating, rich culture, and award-winning dining and shopping.
* Hike, pedal, or paddle to explore Parker River and Joppa Flats.
* Explore Downtown's unique boutiques, amazing antiques, fabulous food, craft beer, local wines, and hip coffee shops.
* Discover Newburyport's seafaring & colonial history - experience colonial life in a historic home tour, see skiffs or ships being built
* Reserve the Newburyport Lighthouse for a private romantic meal.
* Enjoy a cruise to watch whales, fish, SCUBA dive, or dine.
* Unique Golf courses nestled among sea marshes, tidal rivers, & rocky
***** About iTrip North Shore Properties
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere in this home.
- NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
Each of our properties features a "starter kit" of a few days’ worth of supplies for guests that includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & hand soap. The beds are fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest are included in the rental rate.
- A luxury PACK N PLAY and other children's furnishings are available for an additional charge (as availability permits)
***** Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate of the neighbors at all times.