Welcome to The Jewel of The Cove, New Haven's hidden coastal gem.
Newly renovated seaside colonial home from 1924, celebrating New England in the 1920s. Nestled in the peaceful, historical neighborhood of Morris Cove, you will feel like you’ve stepped back in time to a classy and comfortable hideaway that Zelda Fitzgerald, Langston Hughes, or Yale Graduate Gerald Murphy might have enjoyed.
3 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, and high cleaning standards, this home is designed to provide guests with a unique home away from home. The commitment to detail throughout this home is evident in every room. High-end furnishings and modern amenities mix with whimsical decor showing New Haven's nautical, intellectual, cultural, epicurean, and adventurous history. Nods to Yale University, New Haven Apizza, The Jazz Age, Ships and Sailors, and nearby Tweed Airport abound. The black, white, and gold of Art Deco combine with soft pastels, lush fabrics, and pops of color to create a stunningly appointed space to call home for as long as you’re there.
Views of Long Island Sound from several windows. Seawall and sandy beaches are minutes away, walking or driving. Beach fun, relaxation, some of the best food in America, and exploration are at your doorstep.
Kitchen is equipped with modern appliances and all the amenities for meal preparation. The chic bar area in the dining room allows you to mix up cocktails while listening to a range of vinyl classics from the 1920s onwards on the record player.
Luxurious living room, dining room, and kitchen areas are bathed in natural light and charmingly decorated to make your stay comfortable and memorable.
The exterior matches its charming interior with a luxurious, fully fenced-in yard with a fire-pit table, loveseat, armchairs, ottomans, reclining lounge chairs, side tables/yard boxes, and lawn games.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (occupancy 6 - additional guests, please inquire)
- Primary Bedroom w/ King Amerisleep Bed and 43” Smart TV
- 2 Bedrooms with Queen Amerisleep Beds, 1 with 43” Smart TV
- Full Bath with tub, shower and scent-free, dye-free, vegan body wash, shampoo, conditioner, hand soap, and hair dryer provided.
- Half bath w/ laundry and access to the backyard.
- Linens & Towels provided (all washed in scent-free/dye-free/vegan detergent)
- High cleaning standards using only “Green” products
- House secured by Yale smart locks, smoke and carbon monoxide detectors, fire extinguishers, and two exterior Ring cameras to monitor the front and back doors
- Keyless entry (allowing for contactless check-in/check-out)
- Spacious kitchen equipped w/newest appliances - including huge fridge and freezer - and all the essentials for grilling, cooking, and baking
- Drip coffee maker & coffee grinder
- Living Room 65” Smart TV with streaming channels; dozens of records on the old-fashioned record player (also plays CDs, Cassettes, and has a USB connection); books and board games
- Scent-free/dye-free/vegan hand soap, body wash, shampoo, and conditioner provided
- Scent-free/dye-free/vegan dish soap, dishwashing pods, and laundry detergent provided
- Front covered porch has fans in the warmer months and a heater and blankets in the cooler months for year-round access to this charming bonus space
- No garage; parking for 2 cars in the driveway and free street parking (check signs)
- Dedicated workspace in the primary bedroom and secondary workspace on the front covered porch
- High-Speed Fiber Optic Internet
- Access to Disney+ included and Smart TVs loaded, ready to be logged into with your account
- Beach cart, oversized plush beach towels, quick-drying Turkish beach towels, and beach chairs all provided
- Private, fully-fenced backyard; lawn games, cafe lights, fire pit table, propane gas grill and grilling supplies, and outdoor living room
- Dining Room seats 8 comfortably and has a 1920s-themed bar area and beautiful built-in hutch
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Hepa MERV 13 Filtration Air Cleaners provided
- Central Air and Heat with two-zone controls and MERV 8 filtration
- Cleaners wear masks while cleaning between guest stays
Located in Historic Morris Cove on New Havens East Shore, steps away from East Haven. Walk by the shore, relax on a beach, enjoy the museums, live music, shopping, and the legendary food of New Haven within minutes. Access to public transportation via bus and train lines
The sixth largest city in Connecticut, New Haven offers collegiate sports, major concert events, shops, museums, architecture, festivals, and top restaurants you would expect in a major metropolis, but with the laid-back vibe of a smaller town
81 Miles from New York City. Drive, or take the train on the New Haven Line.
9 min. walk/2 min. drive to New Haven beaches
2 min. from Tweed New Haven International Airport
“The best Pizza in America.” Legendary “Apizza” joints like Sally’s, Pepe’s, or Modern
Louis’ Lunch - where the hamburger was invented!
Food Truck Paradise on the Long Island Sound
Live Music at legendary venues i.e. “Toads Place,” with “The Oakdale” not far away. Sound on the Sound Festival at the end of September!
Art galleries at Yale University and the famous Peabody Museum with its Hall of Dinosaurs
Broadway-bound shows at Yale Repertory Theatre
Historic Lighthouse Point Park with an operational 100-year-old Carousel
Fort Nathan Hale battleground and 17th Cent. John Morris House
Near Yale University, University of New Haven, Albertus Magnus College, Southern Connecticut State University, Quinnipiac University, Gateway Community College, and Wesleyan University. Great base for touring colleges, visiting your kids, or being in town to teach, work, or perform
Short drive to Vineyards, Hiking Trails, Skiing, Shore Line Trolley Museum, The Pez Museum
In the Fall, enjoy leaf-peeping, corn mazes, hay rides and apple picking
NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. The maximum number of guests or visitors for this house, as indicated in the listing, should be honored at all times, day or night. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home to future guests exposing you to liability. This is a quiet residential neighborhood, please be respectful of the neighbors at all times!
The sixth largest city in Connecticut, New Haven offers way more than just their internationally renowned “Apizza” and prestigious Yale University. Collegiate sports, major concert events, shops, museums, architecture, festivals, and top restaurants you would expect in a major metropolis abound but with the laid-back vibe of a smaller town.
Year-round you can easily find activities to suit your needs including; sailing, swimming, boating, windsurfing, pier fishing, whale watching, hiking, golf, skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, sledding, skiing, cross-country skiing, mountain biking/climbing, rock climbing, etc.
Enjoy winery tours, local breweries, theme parks, water parks, zoos, spas, outlet shopping and so much more.
81 Miles from New York City. Drive or take the train on the New Haven Line. Or fly in from many major US hubs via Tweed Airport.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Toll Free (888) 788-7214