Try to imagine a cozy home on a quiet side street in the heart of Marblehead's historic center - that's Leeward! Marblehead Harbor, Boston Yacht Club, Abbot Hall, Jeremiah Lee Mansion, King Hooper Mansion, & Crocker (Seaside) Park are all within a 5 minute walk. This location cannot be beat! Leeward is the best of both worlds - all the convenience of a downtown location, yet the peacefulness of a quiet side street with private deck, patio, and garden. Enjoy your coffee or tea listening to the birds sing as the sun sparkles off the morning dew.
The furnishings reflect a world traveler's whimsical style with a tribute to New England colonial charm. The kitchen and baths are updated while retaining their historic character. All this, and off-street parking for 2 cars - walking distance AND parking - a rare and precious combination in historic downtown Marblehead.
Of particular interest, Leeward features 4 large original fireplaces, a private deck, and a garden room. A garden room? Leeward, follows the contours of the underpinning granite ledge, which creates a lovely garden room at the lowest level. This is no basement! The garden room opens up to the patio and garden. Yet, this is not just any garden room. Leeward has been featured in a tour of the 12 most distinctive kitchens in Marblehead. Why? ...
The garden room, located in the original 1740's summer kitchen, has been re-imagined by the current owner into a rustic chef's kitchen and cozy sitting room. The garden room features post and beam construction, antique brick, an AGA stove, antique international farmhouse furnishings, like a farmhouse sink from the UK, a pie cabinet from Mexico, and a farmer's bench from New England. These rustic furnishings are embellished by fun and funky fixtures - who could have imagined a colander as a lamp? This cozy room is sure to be a favorite among visitors and chefs.
Leeward comfortably sleeps 4 and provides a beautiful home to enjoy visiting the New England seaside, a quick jaunt into Boston, Salem, or many favorite North Shore locations.
***** Leeward Highlights: Leeward has some very special features:
- Great outdoor spaces - Deck, Patio, and Garden! Gas grill is available for guests as well.
- 2 Kitchens
- The main level hosts a traditional kitchen with the usual appliances
- The Garden level hosts a rustic chef's kitchen with an AGA stove ubiquitous with English Country living.
- The Garden Room
- 4 Large Original Fireplaces - one in each bedroom, the living room, and the dining room - featuring period decor.
- 2 Fireplace mantels are embellished with Nautical paintings by a local artist, L. Stubbs
- Cozy reading nook
- Many built in shelves and tons of books.
***** Leeward Accommodations
Leeward comprises 2 bedrooms, 1.5 baths, living room, dining room, 2 kitchens, garden room, deck, patio, and garden.
Special Note: 2 deeded parking spots are a 3min walk from the home. Guests can temporarily park in front of the home to unload and then park in the home's deeded parking spots. This location is so pedestrian friendly, that you won't need your car during your stay.
******* Leeward Highlights
- Central historic Location – 20 steps to Washington Square in the heart of historic Marblehead.
- Private garden with patio
- High-speed WiFi
- 2 spacious bedrooms
- Fully-applianced kitchen
- Washer & Dryer
- Off-street parking for 2 cars
***** Accommodation Details ***
** Main Bedroom - sleeps 2
- King sized bed.
- 2 bedside tables with lamps
- 1 closet
- high boy dresser
- spacious antique desk
Note: bed can be split into two twins upon request.
** Guest Bedroom - sleeps 2
- Queen sized bed
- large bureau
- bedside tables with lamps
- reading nook
*** House Rules *****
- No Smoking allowed! Guests violating these rules will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere inside this home.
- Some dogs considered.
- Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
- Quiet Hours - being in the historic center, homes are quite close together. We ask that you respect quiet hours between 10PM and 7AM.
As with each of our iTrip North Shore properties, Leeward features a "starter kit" of a few-days' worth of supplies for guests that includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & more. The beds at Leeward are fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest is also included in the rental rate.
*** About Marblehead
Founded in 1629, Marblehead was a crucial fishing port during the American Revolution; much of its history can be discovered by navigating through the colorful, narrow streets of Old Town. Like an open-air museum, Marblehead flaunts its history not only in its well-preserved 18th-century houses and architecture, national historic landmarks and local shops are sprinkled throughout the town.
After meandering amongst the quaint Colonial houses, take a tour through Marblehead Neck, which leads to the lighthouse. Marvel at the breathtaking views of Marblehead Harbor, the birthplace of the US Navy, and a major sailing capital.
Marblehead’s most popular beach, Devereux, has plenty of picnic tables, playgrounds, and on-site restrooms. Gas House Beach is on Little Harbor. With a rocky shore and small boats anchored in tranquil, shallow water, the scene at Gas House is perfectly New England. Active visitors can enjoy a paddle at King’s Beach with views of Boston.
*** About Properties managed by iTrip North Shore
Guests staying at all iTrip North Shore managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome Home pack with treats!
* All baths are stocked with additional fresh towels for guests.
* All beds are ready made for guests with freshly laundered sheets & fresh towels for each registered guest.
* Starter pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber, dish towel, and dishwasher cleaner to get you going for your stay.
* Cleaning is done with green cleaning products.