Gail's Gallery - A Historic Experience
Art Lovers, Welcome to Gail’s Gallery - This is a huge opportunity to stay in a home in the Metro Atlanta area with some interesting historic value! The home is setup in very much the same way it was when Gail Glass was creating her award winning art in the home. It is a rare opportunity to experience some of Marietta’s history from an award winning artist. The home is in a great location for all of Atlanta’s attractions as well as Marietta’s sports complexes. Truist Park, The Atlanta Braves, Whitewater, Six Flags over Atlanta and Downtown Atlanta are all within easy reach of the home. Here is some history of the home:
In this house Gail and Jack raised three kids, hosted five grandkids, along with a cat (“Topeka”) and two dogs (“Thunder” and “Grits”). Jack was a Georgia high school football official, worked nearby at Lockheed and was often out on the golf course.
Meanwhile, once the kids were school-aged, in the early 1970s Gail began art study, with classes and tutelage from her mentor, a regionally-prominent artist (Robert Meredith). A portrait of Gail by Robert hangs over the stairwell, and his log cabin studio was the subject of one of her later paintings (over the easy chair). Gail’s “breakout” was at a Marietta Art Club regional art show in the old Marietta Square in 1973… her first-place ribbon for “Riding Boots and Hat” led to several months on display at City Hall, and invitations to other art shows around northern Georgia. Subsequent years saw more awards, sales of paintings and art community involvement by Gail in the Atlanta area, with her most active period up until the mid-2000s.
After Gail and Jack’s time in the home, a number of her favorite and/or stored works were found in or around the house – these are now back “on show” as they might have been seen in a show or gallery in the 1980s or 1990s, many with explanatory placards. If you look carefully at the worn linoleum floor in her downstairs former studio (now a bedroom), you can still see the remnant paint drops from her sessions. Gail was encouraged by a father who was active in decoupage in the Midwest (1950s-60s), and she in turn encouraged creative expression by her grandchildren (some are on display in the downstairs “family room”).
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (sleeps 7):
Master bedroom (Downstairs)
- Queen bed
- 2 Night Stands with Lamps
Guest bedroom #2
- Full Size bed
- Night Stand with Lamp
Guest bedroom #3
- Queen Bed
- Night Stand with Lamp
- Twin Size Bed
- Night Stand with Lamp
- Full Kitchen with Refrigerator, Stove, Dishwasher, Dishes/Silverware, Microwave, Toaster and Blender.
- Coffee Maker, Netspresso and Supplies, Hot Chocolate and Tea!
- Dining table seats 6.
- Outdoor patio with furniture.
- Fire Pit
- Gas Grill
- Don't wait in an office to check-in or get a key! Drive straight to your home and enter the front door with an electronic lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you the code with directions and full instructions.
- Washer & dryer
- 2 Smart TVs for Streaming
- Towels, Shampoos & Soaps provided for your use.
- Parking in the driveway for up to 3 cars.
- Non-Smoking, please!
- This is a family friendly property – please be respectful. This is not a party house.
- DOGS AND PETS ARE NOT ALLOWED
On the northwest side of Atlanta, Austell is a very family oriented residential destination – with a vibrant selection of nearby dining choices and shopping venues you will be able to experience the best that Atlanta has to offer. It’s uniquely situated to provide exciting activities in and around Atlanta combined with peaceful and quiet neighborhood living. Festivals and events in Downtown Smyrna as well as The Marietta Square are a bonus!
Guests staying at this charming home receive the following:
* Welcome pack -- enjoy these treats on us!
* Amenity & Supplies pack, including a starter set of soap, shampoo, conditioner, lotion, make up remover wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, dishwasher soap, trash bags and laundry detergent. (Please keep in mind, depending on the length of your visit, you will most likely need to purchase these items during your stay, as it is only a starter set.)
* All beds are ready made for you with freshly laundered sheets & towels!
**PLEASE NOTE IF BOOKING w/ AIRBNB** - Airbnb cleaning fees include service fees.
Check in and check out times:
Frequently Asked Questions
No barbeque grills of any kind are permitted inside the unit - they must be used outdoors and not under the covered patio areas. No open flames ie. Candle burning is permitted on balconies or in the unit. Do not dismantle smoke detectors as they are there for your protection. Use the overhead stove fan when cooking to avoid accidental, activation of smoke detector alarm.
No pets are allowed at any time.
There is no fireplace in the home.
ADULT RENTAL ONLY
Reservations made for teenagers or young single groups will not be honored without any accompanying adult staying in the unit at ALL times. We require at least one member of the party to be 25 (twenty-five) years of age! Any violators will be evicted.
Any reservation obtained under false pretense will be subject to forfeiture of reservation deposit, damage deposit, and/or balance of rental payment.
There is no daily maid service. Linens and towels are included and not to be taken from the unit. An initial setup of trash liners, bathroom paper, soap is provided. There is a one time cleaning fee. Additional cleaning fees will be due in the event that cleaning involves the removal of excessive debris.
No compensation will be given for temporary outage of electricity, gas, water, cable, or telephone service. Outages will be reported immediately, and all efforts will be made to have them restored as soon as possible.
You will obtain your digital door code up to 48 hours before checkin.
Smoking is strictly prohibited. Your damage deposit will be forfeited and you will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and/or deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found. Smoking is allowed outside in the carport. Please dispose of cigarette butts carefully to avoid a fire hazard.
ENTRY BY OWNER
Owner or owner's agents may enter the premises under the following circumstances: in case of an emergency; to make any necessary or agreed upon repairs, alterations, or improvements; supply necessary or agreed upon services or show the premises to prospective purchasers, renters or contractors. Owner will provide renter with at least 24 hours notice of Owners intent to enter (except in the case of an emergency).
RULES AND REGULATIONS
1. Tenant agrees to leave the premises and its contents in the same condition, neat and tidy, as Tenant found the premises to be upon move-in, normal wear and tear expected. Beds should be stripped of linens and placed in a pile in each bedroom for housekeeping.
2. All dishes are to be placed in the dishwasher and dishwasher turned on at departure. All garbage is to be removed from the premises and placed in outside receptacles. Please place trash bins in front of house for pickup.
3. Close all blinds in all rooms.
4. The maximum number of occupants shall not exceed 7 people, not including a child in a crib.
5. Furnishings are not to be removed from the premises for use outside or in other properties.
6. Smoking is not allowed in the unit.
7. Reservations are not made by or for a minor, defined as any person under the age of twenty-five (25).
8. Tenant and any guest of Tenant shall obey all laws of the state of Georgia, as well as local laws, at all times while they are on the premises. Failure to abide by the laws of Georgia or the above rules may cause tenant to be asked to vacate the premises and forfeit all rents and security/damage deposits.
9. There are no parties or events allowed at this home. Please respect the neigbors rights to a quiet and peacefuly environment at all times.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Phone (770) 428-2592