Renovated and newly furnished condo in the heart of downtown Marblehead. From your front door, you are next to a restaurant, steps to a movie theater, and in the middle of all that Marblehead has to offer. Great food, great shopping, amazing history, art, and culture. Marblehead is famous for amazing boating, antiquing, art and history. All this, and a quick bus, uber or car ride to downtown Salem.
Guests staying at Sweet Retreat enjoy the perfect balance between modern amenities in an historic building; between vibrant downtown location with quick access to the sea and golf. As the birthplace of the US Navy, it's no wonder that Marblehead hosts internationally acclaimed sailing races. For history and antique buffs, you'll find Marblehead to be quite the delight. Enjoy an amazing array of distinct boutiques, art galleries, and antique shops.
Sweet Retreat has just completed a full renovation converting this antique colonial (circa 1759) into a contemporary living space. Guests staying at Sweet Retreat enjoy open concept living with a full sized dining area and fully-applianced kitchen, full sized laundry, and living room with big screen smart TV.
For sleeping accommodations, there are 2 bedrooms, each with a king size bed. Two couches open into full size sleepers - pick one for your extra sleeping space.
Come enjoy Marblehead - one of Boston's North Shore precious gems!
Special Note about Parking:
There are 2 off-street parking spaces for Sweet Retreat behind the building. Please be aware that the driveway is very narrow. At it's narrowest point, it is only 7-feet 10-inches wide. We recommend that you use this parking only if you have medium-sized or smaller vehicle. Most vehicles will need to retract mirrors to fit through the narrowest point.
Special Note about accommodations: living space is on the second floor. Bedrooms and bathroom are on the 3rd floor.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (maximum occupancy of 6):
Sweet Retreat has 2 bedrooms.
Front Bedroom - sleeps 2
- King size bed with 2 bedside tables and 2 lamps.
- Large Walk In Closet
Back bedroom - sleeps 2
- King size bed nestled between 2 bedside tables, both with a lamp.
- 1 Large Closet
- Luggage rack
Living Room - sleeps up to 2 in one of 2 couches
Each sofa can be opened into a Full size bed. Please know there is only enough space for one of the couches to be open at any one time.
Please notify us if you want the extra linens for the sleep sofas & guests (a small fee applies)
Main Shared Bathroom
- Tiled walk-in shower with mounted handheld showerhead
Sweet Retreat Accommodation Highlights:
- Fully-equipped granite kitchen with full size appliances, Keurig coffee maker, blender, washer/dryer, & more!
- Filtered water - bring your favorite water container. The whole accommodation provides filtered water from all faucets. No need to buy water here!
- Living room with Big Screen Smart 50" TV, comfy seating
- Ultra Quiet washer & dryer located on main floor
- High Speed WiFi
-Smart TV for easy access to your personal streaming services
- Off-street parking for 2 cars (note comments about narrow driveway)
Special Note: For your safety, Exterior Security Cameras are present at this accommodation.
Founded in 1629, Marblehead was a crucial fishing port during the American Revolution; much of its history can be discovered by navigating through the colorful, narrow streets of Old Town. Like an open-air museum, Marblehead flaunts its history not only in its well-preserved 18th-century houses and architecture, national historic landmarks and local shops are sprinkled throughout the town.
After meandering amongst the quaint Colonial houses, take a tour through Marblehead Neck, which leads to the lighthouse. Marvel at the breathtaking views of Marblehead Harbor, birthplace of the US Navy, & a major sailing capital.
Marblehead’s most popular beach, Devereux, has plenty of picnic tables, playgrounds, and on-site restrooms. Gas House Beach is on Little Harbor. With a rocky shore and small boats anchored in tranquil, shallow water, the scene at Gas House is perfectly New England. Active visitors can enjoy a paddle at King’s Beach with views of Boston.
About iTrip North Shore Properties
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted for smoking or vaping in the home or on the property.
- NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
These are cause for eviction with no refund. If any damage impacts our ability to offer the home for future guests, you will be held liable.
- Each of property features a starter set of supplies for guests which includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & hand soap.
- The beds are fully made & ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest are included in the rental rate.
- For family friendly homes, a luxury Pack-n-Play or other children's furnishings are available for an additional charge (as availability permits).
Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate of the neighbors.
Frequently Asked Questions
- A walk or bike ride along the Marblehead Rail Trail, a 4-mile long pathway that meanders through wooded areas and continues on into the neighboring towns of Swampscott and Salem.
- A walk through the Marblehead Neck Wildlife Sanctuary, located just 1/4 mile from Sweet Retreat, offering a one mile trail through 20 wooded acres, with the opportunity for bird and animal sightings.
- A visit to Devereux Beach, Marblehead’s largest beach, which offers a playground, restaurant, picnic tables, and parking. Lifeguards on duty during specified hours.
- Renting stand-up paddle boards at Riverhead Beach and exploring the boats and sites in Marblehead Harbor.
- Eating in Marblehead’s many restaurants, from waterfront dining at the Landing to seafood at the Barnacle or sandwiches and pizza at Cafe Vesuvius.
- A visit to one of Marblehead’s many beautiful oceanfront parks, including Chandler Hovey park (featuring the Marblehead Lighthouse), Castle Rock (for the climb and the views), and Fort Sewall (for the scenery and the history).
- A visit to one of Marblehead’s many historical sites, including the Jeremiah Lee Mansion, the King Hooper Mansion, Old Burial Hill, the Old Townhouse, and Abbot Hall (home of the painting the Spirit of ’76).
- Wandering through Marblehead’s two quaint shopping districts, one newer and one dating from the 1600s, with both offering a variety of dining and shopping options.
- Exploring the older part of Marblehead at the far end of the peninsula, with many houses bearing plaques dating from the 1600s and providing information about the original owner’s name and occupation.
- A visit to one of Marblehead’s many playgrounds, including Gatchell’s, Hobbs, and Gerry, with climbing structures and slides as well as open fields for children and adults to enjoy.
- A movie right in the heart of Marblehead at the Warwick Theater.
- The Salem Witch Museum, Witch House, and Witch Dungeon offer educational insights into the witch trials that took place in Salem in the 1600s.
- The world class Peabody Essex Museum with a variety of unique exhibitions from around the world.
- The House of the Seven Gables, well known as the setting of Nathaniel Hawthorne’s novel of the same name.
- Pickering Wharf, a harbourfront shopping and dining district offering views of beautiful boats and the opportunity to stroll to the end of the nearby pier, ideally after first stopping by Captain Dusty’s for some homemade ice cream.
- Salem Willows, which offers ocean front parks, beaches, and walking paths as well as an old fashioned arcade, including a carousel and miniature golf course.
- A variety of specialty walking tours are available, many focusing on the Salem Witch Trials.
- Boat and trolley tours also offer the opportunity to explore Salem by land or water and learn about the town’s history.
- Pay at the kiosk, with cash or credit card
- Pay by phone, through the Passport Parking App, available on these Play Store and Apple App Store.
Free parking lots are at the Train Station and 2 Blue Lane Road on Rt 127.
During the winter, meters and kiosk parking is free. All seasons, on-street parking outside of the meter and kiosk areas are free.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Phone (978) 737-7084