WALK TO KING STREET! Located near Charleston's newest restaurant & nightlife area on upper King Street, this 2-story loft-townhouse offers guests quick access to fabulous shopping, restaurants & entertainment AND a comfortable retreat within the city where you can rest and relax. Guests enter this duplex from the back of the building via their own private porch. Upon entering the home, you will find hardwood floors throughout, an open floor plan for the living room & kitchen area and an abundance of natural light spilling in through the windows. Both bedrooms are located up the stairs, each with their own Charleston piazza and attached bathroom. Off-street parking on the driveway for up to two cars is included in the rental rate. This home is perfect for two couples, a girls or guys' weekend, a family getaway and more!
This is a legal short term rental! Our Charleston business license number is BL004711-09-2016.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR SWEET SPACIOUS SUITE (sleeps 4 and an air mattress is available):
First bedroom (upstairs):
- King size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Private porch
- En suite bathroom
- Plenty of drawer and hanging space!
- Sound machine (helps with urban noise)
Second bedroom (upstairs):
- Queen size bed
- Ceiling fan
- Private porch
- En suite bathroom
- Plenty of drawer and hanging space too!
- High speed WIFI
- Smart TV with Roku and digital aerial in the living room.
- Open kitchen & living room layout.
- Hardwood floors throughout the home.
- Kitchen equipped with range, dishwasher, refrigerator, microwave, garbage disposal, toaster & coffee maker.
- Full sized washing machine & dryer
- Don't wait in an office to check-in or get a key! Drive straight to your home and enter the front door with a lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you our mobile app with directions and full instructions.
Perfect for those attending a Charleston Wedding, College of Charleston or Citadel orientation or graduation, or just a fun week in the # 1 city in the world!
With close proximity to upper King Street and the Crosstown (Septima P. Clark Parkway), the location of this home enables guests to walk to restaurants, shops & other cultural delights and provides quick road access to Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, all local beaches, Charleston County parks, historic plantation homes along the Ashley River and other local attractions. There are a lot of new local restaurants -- as well as all the offerings of Upper King Street -- within a couple of minutes stroll from the Sweet Spacious Suite. With D'Allesandros Pizza (a local pizza institution), Brown's Court Bakery (amazing breads & pastries) and the Ordinary (high end oyster & seafood restaurant) a couple of blocks, guests have many unique local food options to explore. Walk to Barsa for some Tapas or visit the Daily for some coffee or locally made Kombucha!
This is the best neighborhood in Charleston if you are looking to be steps away from King Street and experience the area as a local in a transitional neighborhood among new residents of the city, students and longtime local families. The diversity and richness of history in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood makes this part of town desirable to locals and visitors alike. Sweet Spacious Suite is perfect for folks who enjoy a diverse, vibrant and eclectic neighborhood where you can watch the reinvestment & revitalization in old historic properties going on in real time. Parts of the neighborhood might still look a bit rough but it is safe. This neighborhood was recently profiled by the WALL ST JOURNAL in April 2017 as "THE PLACE TO STAY IN CHARLESTON" and it's also where Jamie Lee Curtis stayed - and walked her dog every morning - while shooting the 2018 remake of the Halloween movie!
- No smoking.
- Dogs may be permitted subject to additional rules & restrictions. (Please notify us in advance of your arrival if you would like your dog to accompany you during your stay.)
- Please include all guests (including children/infants) in your booking. If you need to add guests after your booking, then please contact us as soon as possible.
- Although this home is very close to the sights & sounds of downtown Charleston, this property is located in a quiet residential neighborhood. We expect guests to behave in a neighborly way. Parties are not permitted at anytime. Please no excessive noise and no unregistered guests during quiet hours (10:00 pm to 8:00 am Sunday through Thursday nights and midnight to 10:00 am on Friday and Saturday nights).
############## About Our Properties ##############
Guests staying at all Charleston Beaches managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome pack gifts.
* Amenity pack, containing individual sized soap, shampoos, conditioner, moisturizer and make up remover wipes.
* Starter pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, sponge and dishwasher detergent to get you going for your stay.
* All beds are ready made for you with towels laid out so you can start your vacation as soon as you step in the door.
Thank you Jamie! We're delighted you and your girlfriends had such an awesome visit to Charleston! We hope to see y'all again soon! Steven
Thank you Kevin! We're delighted you had such a great time with your 4 year old!
Thank you Jessie. We're happy Sweet Spacious Suite was a hit for your group! Steven
Thank you Elvis. We love that Charleston character too! Steven
Thank you Martha! Succinct and the point. We love it! Steven
Thank you Brian! Glad we could host you so close to your favorite Charleston hang out! Steven
Thank you Chrysan! You're so welcome! Sounds like a wonderful stay!
Thank you Katy! We're happy you had a great experience! Steven
Thanks Amanda for your wonderful recommendation! Sounds like you went exploring the local neighborhood as well as some of the more touristy areas. Those are some of our favorite restaurants and brewhouses and so easy to get too!! Obviously you found the neighborhood safe enough to walk around too! Steven
We’re very sorry to hear that you were disappointed by your stay in Charleston. However, we feel that your review is unfair given that we did disclose the transitional nature of the neighborhood in the description, photos and captions in our listing - as you acknowledge in your review. We were very shocked when you called us upon your check-In to demand a refund “because we’re staying in the ghetto and don’t feel safe.” It is not a ghetto. The owners of the home live in the front half of the building, our daughter goes to school nearby and the area is quite safe. We make no claim of being anywhere near the area South of Broad and our location is pinpointed on the listing’s map. There is no “burned-out house” or junkyard nearby. The house across the street is clearly under development and is working its way through the City’s planning & permitting process for renovations, which takes awhile in Charleston due to historic preservation requirements. The auto detailing shop on the corner has a large “for sale” sign in front of it. We’ve had the house tested for sound levels and both bedrooms fall within the normal range, largely due to the fact that there’s another home between us and the highway. We’re sorry to hear that you encountered one of Charleston’s Palmetto bugs. Our homes are treated on a quarterly basis for pests, but, unfortunately, Palmetto bugs do occasionally enter the homes in Charleston - especially after it has rained. We believe our many positive reviews of the property speak for themselves.
Thank you Laura. We're so glad your reunion in Charleston was a fun visit. I'm sure the town has changed a lot since you were all here! I'm happy to hear that you found the neighborhood nice and safe! Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you all on your return!
Thank you Julia! We are so happy to hear you and your daughter had a fun visit to Charleston and the Sweet Spacious Suite was perfect for the shopping! We look forward to seeing you again soon!