Welcome to Bell Buoy, a charming cottage located in the heart of Bearskin Neck. From the rooftop deck, you'll enjoy views of Rockport’s waterfront: Front Beach, Folly Cove, Motif 1, and Rockport Harbor. Watch the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean as first light illuminates Thatcher Island.
What a fabulous location! As you step out the front door, you are a 2 minute walk to the closest restaurants and shops – easy access to fishing spots & ice cream shops. All the delightful venues of Bearskin Neck are mere moments from your doorstep. Downtown Rockport is equally convenient. Just a stroll down Bear Skin Neck and you emerge in the heart of downtown Rockport.
Bell Buoy is a short stroll to Rockport’s downtown, the Shalin Liu Performance Center, the Art Galleries, Rockport Harbor, and Front Beach. All manner of treasures can be found in Rockport’s vibrant downtown. Take in a concert at Shalin Liu Performance Center – you’ll enjoy stunning views – the back wall of the concert hall is a full wall of glass overlooking Rockport harbor. Rockport famously attracts artists from around the globe to capture the unique lighting. So many art galleries celebrate the artist community and the beauty of Rockport.
Sleeping Arrangements (Maximum Occupancy - 5)
Master Bedroom (Sleeping Capacity - 2)
- Queen bed
- 2 Bedside Tables with Lamps
- 3 Bureaus
- Large Table with 2 Chairs – can be used as a desk
- Window AC
Guest Bedroom (Sleeping Capacity - 2)
- Full bed
- 2 Bedside Tables with Lamps
- 1 Bureau
- 1 Large Closet
- Window AC
Landing (Sleeping Capacity - 1)
- Twin Daybed
- 1 full bath with shower/tub combination and grab bars for easier entry & exit
- 1 half Bath with Laundry: full size washer & dryer
Bell Buoy Accommodation Highlights
As you enter through the front porch, you are welcomed by a spacious living room with nautical accents. Checkout the antique ship replicas, and ship instruments. At the center of the home, a floor to ceiling field stone fireplace connects the living room with the dining room. The dining room has a spacious table that comfortably seats 6 - 10 people. From the desk, one can gaze out the window and enjoy views of classic and colorful cottages. Through the dining room guests find a fully equipped kitchen with full sized appliances: dishwasher, new stainless-steel gas stove and new stainless-steel refrigerator.
As you ascend the stairs, guests will find a cozy reading nook on the over-sized landing. Stretch out on the day bed! The cottage has 2 bedrooms on this level – each at opposite ends of the home. In the center are the 2 bathrooms: 1 full bathroom with shower and tub combination, and 1 half bathroom with full sized laundry.
On the landing, you will find the access door to the Breakfast Deck on the second floor and stairs that lead to the huge roof deck. The Breakfast Deck has a table and comfortably seats 2. A delightful shady place to enjoy the sea breezes with your morning coffee or a great book. The Roof Deck easily accommodates all guests. Two tables and seating for you to dine Al Fresco with water views and lounge chairs to take in the sun and sea breezes.
- Roof deck with views of the ocean and downtown
- Breakfast deck with water views
- Decorative Fireplaces in both dining room and living room
- WiFi: High Speed & Private
- TV in living room
- Window AC units in living room, dining room, and both bedrooms.
- Full sized kitchen and laundry appliances
- Nautical accents
- Large living and dining room
- 2 work spaces: desk in dining room and large table in Master bedroom
- Sleeping accommodations for 5 people.
Advice: Please pull over on North Road to unload your car. Then proceed to one of the Free Parking options listed below.
Rockport offers many Free Parking Options:
The Lot off of Old Harbor Road is .1 mile from the cottage. Take North Street to the fork; turn right, and parking is at the end of this road. This parking becomes resident only during high season from May through October..
Free parking Lots at the Train Station and 2 Blue Lane Road on Rt 127. Free Shuttles will bring you back to downtown Rockport.
During the winter, meters and kiosk parking is free. All seasons, on-street parking outside of the meter and kiosk areas is free.
About iTrip North Shore Properties
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted for smoking or vaping in the home or on the property.
- NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME.
These are cause for eviction with no refund. If any damage impacts our ability to offer the home for future guests, you will be held liable.
- Each of property features a starter set of supplies for guests which includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & hand soap.
- The beds are fully made & ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest are included in the rental rate.
- For family friendly homes, a luxury Pack-n-Play or other children's furnishings are available for an additional charge (as availability permits).
Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate of the neighbors.
About Cape Ann: a peninsula and island that host Gloucester, Rockport, Magnolia, and Manchester By The Sea.
- Beaches: Singing, Wingaersheek, Long, Good Harbor, Magnolia and Kettle Cove.
- Nature Parks: Magnolia Woods, Ravenswood, and Rafes Chasm Park provide short walks to gorgeous rocky shoreline and sea views.
- Boating: Cape Ann Harbor Tours, Sailing on Schooner Ardelle, Deep Sea Fishing Charters, or Whale Watch Cruises. From Rockport harbor, catch a ferry to Thacher's Island - wildlife sanctuary with Twin Light Houses.
- Walking Tours for centuries of seafaring history showcasing Gloucester's fishing past.
- Artist Tours where you visit the artists in their studios. Rockport hosts many galleries.
- Foodies will love the diversity of Cape Ann's food scene - amazing seafood ... lobster, clams, scallops, quahogs, cod or swordfish.
- Golfing: a beautiful mix of manicured greens along rocky shores or seaside marshes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Pay at the kiosk, with cash or credit card
- Pay by phone, through the Passport Parking App, available on these Play Store and Apple App Store.
Free parking lots are at the Train Station and 2 Blue Lane Road on Rt 127.
During the winter, meters and kiosk parking is free. All seasons, on-street parking outside of the meter and kiosk areas are free.
Other homes you might like
Book Your Stay
Phone (978) 737-7084