Anchor Down is a spacious home located at the North End of Pleasure Island. A great vacation spot fit for a group up to 8. It is only a short 1 block walk to the beach. This duplex is equipped with everything that you need including, an extra outdoor space area on the ground floor, outdoor patio with grill, and plenty of parking. Enjoy the views of the canal and ocean from the 3 porches, and more!
There is so much to do only minutes away. The drive-on beach at Freeman Park is a few blocks away, the Boardwalk is a short drive away and is a great place to walk along the beach, shop all the local stores, and feast on delicious food. There are also many rental places on the island for beach supplies, surf boards, paddle boarding, bikes, kayaks, and more! Visit the NC Fort Fisher aquarium, a great place to check out and learn about the local wildlife. There are fireworks every week in the summer as well. The fun never ends when you vacation on Pleasure Island!
Location: 1417 Canal Dr #1, Carolina Beach, NC 28428; 5 minute drive to the Carolina Beach Boardwalk, and 10 minute drive to the Kure Beach Pier, 1 minute drive to Freeman Park
Townhome/Duplex: 4 BR / 3.5 BA / Sleeps 8 / 5 Beds / 1 Bunk Room / 1,800 sq ft.
*Each bedroom has high-end memory foam mattresses*
*Bedroom 1 Owner Suite: King Size Bed, PRIVATE DECK (3rd floor)
*Bedroom 2: Queen Size Bed, ensuite full bath (3rd floor)
*Bedroom 3: Queen Size Bed (hall bath) (1st floor)
*Bedroom 4: Bunk bed, Queen Size Bottom, full Size Top (hall bath) (1st floor) (top bunk is NOT suitable for an adult)
*King (1), Queen size Beds (3), Full Beds (1)
*Beds are all made with clean linens upon your arrival.
TO VIRTUALLY WALK THROUGH THE PROPERTY CLICK HERE:
Ground floor: Sitting area and Patio with grill
1st floor: Bunk room, laundry, Queen bedroom with deck, full hall bathroom
2nd floor: Kitchen and living area and deck with seating
3rd floor: Owner Suite #1 with king bed and en-suite bathroom, Owners Suite #2 with queen bed and en-suite bathroom
There are 3 porches offering great views of Carolina Beach and the ocean.
-Easy walk to beach, 1 block away
-Big Flat Screen Smart TVs
-Outdoor patio with GRILL
-Parking: 3 vehicles (depending on the size of the vehicle)
-Beach Access: This home is a 1 minute walk to the beach access on Periwinkle Lane. Just up the road off Canal Drive.
*The outdoor patio, grill, and sitting area is not a shared space, it is private for just this specific property*
-Outdoor space area, patio with grill
-Regular Coffee Maker and Keurig
-Big Screen Smart TVs, no cable
-Internet and WiFi
-Iron and Board
-Bath towels and Linens (beds are made upon arrival)
-A small starter kit of toilet paper, paper towel, detergents and hand soap is also provided
**We do our best to ensure that all items are there for your visit; however we cannot guarantee condition and quantity due to guest use**
**Please make yourself aware of our cancellation policy. Insurance is highly recommended.
***NO SMOKING & NO PETS allowed at this property.
**Maximum Occupancy: 8 Occupants - Children must be counted within the maximum occupancy unless they are under the age of two (2) and are sleeping in a crib.
**Tenant Requirements: Tenant stated on the Agreement/Booking must be at least twenty-five (25) years of age, and acknowledge that they will occupy the Property during the entire tenancy.***
* Manager and owner of the rental property are not responsible for citations received while staying at the property.
* Be respectful of the house and contents - it is someone's home. Respect the neighbors and neighborhood.
* No events or parties- If determined that a party/event is taking place at property, management has the right to evict tenants and guests with no refund given.
* If determined that a party took place on any of the nights reserved, reservation guest will be charged $500 min, no exceptions!
* No uninvited guests without permission
***Each reservation includes applicable taxes, a cleaning fee, and a Limited Damage Waiver Fee***
Security Notice: This home has a doorbell security system with video and audio capabilities at the front door as well as exterior surveillance cameras.
PLEASURE ISLAND ACTIVITIES:
- Carolina Beach and Kure Beach Pier - Fishing, Restaurants, and more
- Paddle Boarding with "Paddle NC" or "Pleasure Island Rentals"
- Kayaking/Canoeing with the "Adventure Kayak Company" or "Lighthouse WaterSports"
- Surfing - Go to Surf School for the week with Tony Silvagni
- Jet Ski with "Carolina Beach Jet Ski Rentals"
- Marina/Boating - Boat Tours with “Endless Summer Day Tours” or “Sea Legs Pedal Pub”
- Hiking at Carolina Beach State Park
- 4 Wheel Drive-on Beaches at Fort Fisher and Freeman Park in CB
-Sunday nights there are FREE MOVIES playing at the lake (in the summer)
- Fireworks - Every Thursday night during the summer at the Carolina Beach boardwalk
- Music - FREE live music at the Carolina Beach boardwalk every Thursday night during the summer months (or seasonal concerts and events at local bars and restaurants)
- The Carolina Beach boardwalk - doesn’t just have live music and fireworks, there are also shops, arcades, festival rides, BRITT'S DONUTS, and more!
- NC Aquarium at Fort Fisher
- Fort Fisher - Civil War - National Historic Landmark
- Southport-Fort Fisher Ferry - Take your car to Southport for the day on the car ferry from Fort Fisher!
-Ocean Front Park in Kure Beach
- Home of the Wilmington Sharks Baseball Team
-Rent a golf cart from Sun Fun Rentals!
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend getting trip insurance. We partner with a great company called Rental Guardian and they offer a “cancel for any reason” policy or a “standard” policy. The standard policy can cover for illness, injury, death, job loss, hurricanes, and much more. We send out all the information about insurance after you book. You can add insurance up to 30 days before your trip.
Special addition: 60 day policy. If you cancel 60 days or more before your stay, you will get a refund less the cancellation fee of $350. If you cancel 60 days or less before your trip there is no refund unless someone else rebooks the same dates. Then you will just pay the cancellation fee of $350. Let me know if you have further questions about that
Cancellations: Cancellations must be in writing and received by Agent via the mailing address, fax number or email address, all of which are located within this Agreement. No REFUND will be given in the event of unforeseeable cancellations, unless expressly provided for herein. In the event of a cancellation by Tenant, Tenant shall receive a refund of all payments made by Tenant, less an administrative fee of $350, and any discounts/expenses required to re-rent the property, Travel Insurance Premium and any applicable taxes, if the Property is re-rented by Agent on the terms set forth herein. Refunds will be processed upon receipt of final payment of the new reservation. If the Property is not rerented on the terms set forth herein, Tenant will not be entitled to a refund of any rent payment made hereunder, and any unpaid rental amount, including taxes and all applicable fees stated on the Agreement, shall be due and payable to Agent. Tenant agrees to pay the balance due upon notice of cancellation.
Please don't hestitate to reach out about additional questions.
- Outside of Airbnb rules and restrictions, all guests will have to agree to the iTrip Vacations NC Beaches Vacation Rental Agreement
- Child / Family Friendly
- Registered Guests must be 25 years or age or older
- Bookings created by guests under 25 years of age will be cancelled without refund
- Maximum Occupancy: Each property’s maximum occupancy is stated within the Agreement and located in the Property Description; If at any given time, the maximum occupancy is exceeded, the tenant will be in material breach of the lease and grounds for expedited eviction will apply in addition to a fine.
- No Student Groups, Weddings, or Parties
- No more than 4x Minors per adult
- No Smoking Permitted
- Pets are not allowed in properties that are not Pet Friendly
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended.