Are you ready for a quick get-away? Good news! Massachusetts has opened Short-Term rentals as of June 8th. Please feel free to book your vacation.
When you visit: please know that everyone is encouraged to socially distance, and when sufficient distance isn't possible, then please wear a mask. Masks help us to help each other.
iTrip North Shore takes pride in providing sparkling clean properties. Our cleaning has always included sanitizing and disinfecting. During the coronavirus crisis, we will be sure to follow the recommended disinfection protocols. Because some items can be challenging to find, we will increase the supplies in our starter kits, and include disinfecting cleaner on site for our guests.
Empire Suite is a spacious 2 room suite hosted in the historic “Christmas Tree Tower House” in downtown Newburyport. Christmas Tree Tower House, a circa-1840 mansion, is well-known for its 3-story tower that displays illuminated Christmas trees in all three levels. Guests of Empire Suite will step back into a gentile time of elegance and opulence. The suite showcases the mansion’s antique architecture which is famous for expansive rooms, soaring ceilings, intricate moldings, 9-foot-high windows, and gleaming wood floors.
Visitors to Empire Suite enjoy a completely private and expansive suite (450 square feet). The suite comprises 2 spacious rooms, private entryway, private porch, and private bath. The main room of the suite provides a king bed that can be separated into 2 twins, a seating area with settee, 2 chairs, and accompanying tables, 2 oversized bureaus, and TV. The adjoining room wrapped in tall windows provides the kitchenette and dining table which doubles as a large work space.
Stepping out from Empire Suite, visitors stroll along High Street, Newburyport's mansion row. High St. is an architecture buff’s joy ride with Federalist, Victorian, and Empire style mansions leading to Newburyport's vibrant downtown. Newburyport has been awarded a best place to live, and many best of North Shore (BONS) awards for its excellent and varied restaurants, pubs, museums, and boutiques.
For a respite from the vibrant city life, one can take the paved rail trail that leads directly to the scenic River Walk Park in downtown or out to the Scenic Essex Byway. Nearby, the outdoors beckons with Plum Island for local wildlife & birdwatching, Parker River for waterplay, or beachcombing along Plum Island or Salisbury beaches.
Empire Suite provides an excellent location for exploring beyond Newburyport. The suite is a short drive to Plum Island, Salisbury Beach, and other North Shore venues: Gloucester, Rockport, Salem & Marblehead. The commuter train is a 2-minute drive and provides relaxing train access to all the coastal cities between Boston and Portland Maine.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (maximum occupancy of 2):
Main Room - Bedroom & Sitting Area - sleeping capacity 2
- King size bed between with bedside table and lamps or bed can be split into 2 twin beds, upon request.
- 2 extra large bureaus
- Flat Screen TV with Cable
- Seating area with settee and 2 chairs.
Additional Room - Kitchenette, Dining and Workspace
- Sundrenched room wrapped in tall windows with oversized dining table
- Kitchenette furnished with dining accoutrements and small appliances
- an extra bed can be supplied upon request
- Walk In shower
- Kitchenette with small refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker!
- Expansive suite with King Size bed
- Beautifully redone hardwood floors throughout the suite.
- All new bathroom.
**** House Rules *****
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere in this home.
- No pets allowed!
As with each of our iTrip North Shore properties, Empire Suite features a "starter kit" of a few-days' worth of supplies for guests that includes toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & more. The beds at Empire Suite are fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each person is also included in the rental rate.
Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
Please know there are neighbors residing in a separate unit on-premises. Please be respectful of the neighbors!
*** About Newburyport
Newburyport, a coastal city 35 miles northeast of Boston, Massachusetts, is an historic seaport that extends along the mighty Merrimack river. The Merrimack River leads to Plum Island, a gorgeous barrier island with long expanses of beach, marshes, and nature preserves.
Anchored in a rich Maritime heritage, Newburyport boasts national attractions, vibrant boating, rich culture, and award-winning dining and shopping.
* Hike, pedal, or paddle to explore Parker River or Joppa Flats.
* Explore Downtown's unique boutiques, amazing antiques, fabulous food, craft beer, local wines, and coffee shops.
* Discover Newburyport's seafaring and colonial history - experience colonial life in a historic home tour, see skiffs or ships being built
* Reserve the Newburyport Lighthouse for a private romantic meal.
* Enjoy a cruise to watch whales, fish, SCUBA dive, or dine
* Unique Golf courses nestled amongst sea marshes, tidal rivers, and rocky
*** About Properties managed by iTrip North Shore
Guests staying at all iTrip North Shore managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome Home pack with treats!
* All baths are stocked with additional fresh towels for guests.
* All beds are ready made for guests with freshly laundered sheets & fresh towels for each registered guest.
* Starter pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber, dish towel, and dishwasher cleaner to get you going for your stay.
* Cleaning is done with green cleaning products.
Thank you Elmira for the suggestions. So happy that you enjoyed your stay. We would be delighted to host your next visit to Newburyport.