Check out our Spring Seashells Special pricing - come on down and collect all the beach treasures: sea glass, shells, driftwood - before the high season arrives!
Welcome to Artist's Perch which boasts 360 degrees of expansive ocean and marsh views. Watch boats, planes, herons, and eagles soar past. Artist's Perch provides unobstructed views of the beautiful Parker River Wildlife Sanctuary as well as the iconic Pink House. With 360 degree views, you can start your day sipping coffee to amazing sunrises, and close with sipping wine to equally amazing sunsets.
Artist's Perch is so convenient to many amenities. Artist's Perch is a1 minute walk to Bob's Lobster Shack or a 5 minute bike ride to Plum Island amenities and beaches. Artist's Perch is a short (5 minute) drive to downtown Newburyport and all the Newburyport attractions: museums, cultural sites, unique boutiques, and fabulous food.
Inside, Artist's Perch wraps you in nature's paradise - the views are breathtaking and the interior is luxurious. Artist's Perch is a brand new home with open concept, gourmet kitchen and stainless steel appliances. Gather around the huge island to plan your outings. Upon return from your day full of adventures, you can relax with your pre-dinner cocktails in front of your remote-controlled fireplace. Set-up your easel on either deck and capture the views and wildlife.
Artists Perch provides the perfect location to explore beyond Plum Island to Newburyport, Cape Ann (Gloucester and Rockport), Salem, and Boston. This home is within 1 mile of the commuter rail station. The Newburyport Commuter line can take you to the heart of Boston in just 40 minutes or to Rockport, Gloucester, or Salem in 15 minutes or less.
****** SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS (maximum occupancy of 6):
Artist's Perch has 3 bedrooms.
***** Master bedroom - sleeps 2 - with soaring cathedral ceilings, luxurious furnishings, and expansive ocean and marsh view.
- King size bed nestled between 2 bedside tables
- Large Walk In Closet - event the closet has views
- Big Screen TV
- Large Bureau
- Ensuite Bathroom with dual sinks and large walk-in shower
***** Guest bedroom - sleeps 2 - soaring cathedral ceilings, mid-century modern furnishings, and expansive ocean and marsh views.
- Queen size bed nestled between bedside tables
- 1 Large Closet
- Big Screen TV
- Bureau with mirror
- Full size bathroom on second floor with tub/shower combination
***** Bedroom / Office / Den - sleeps 2 - with marsh views
- The sofa can be opened to a full size bed
- desk with chair
***** 2 Shared Bathrooms one on the 2nd floor and one on the 3rd floor
- Marble & glass tiled tub/shower combination with dual shower heads
***** Artist's Perch Accommodation Highlights:
- Fully-equipped gourmet kitchen with high-end stainless appliances, coffee maker, blender, dishwasher, & more!
- 2 Private Decks that run the length of the home
- Living room with Big Screen 50" TV, comfy couch and 2 side chairs
- Large island with seating for 4
- Dining table with seating for 4
- Washer & dryer located on 2nd floor in an oversized laundry closet.
- High-speed WIFI
- Covered parking for 2 cars, and total parking for 6-8 cars
- Central AC & high-efficiency heat to be cozy in all seasons.
- A luxury PACK N PLAY is available for an additional charge (subject to availability)
*** iTrip North Shore Properties
As with each of our iTrip North Shore properties, Artist's Perch features a "starter kit" of a few-days worth of supplies for guests that includes toiletries, toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, & more.
The beds at Artist's Perch are fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of towels for each registered guest is included in the rental rate.
*** Artist's Perch Guidelines
- Smoking is strictly prohibited. Guests will be fined and immediately evicted if there is any evidence of smoking found anywhere in this home.
- No pets allowed!
- Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. These are cause for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
- Visiting like a local means being neighborly. Please be respectful of the owner's home and considerate to the neighbors at all times!
**** Explore Plum Island - by foot, paddle or pedal.
Plum Island is a 6-mile long barrier beach that extends south of Newburyport. Most of it makes up the Parker River Wildlife Refuge, which is visited seasonally by nearly 300 bird species.
Walking on a beach across a National Wildlife Refuge, hearing the waves crashing on long, sandy beaches, watching birds and deer nearby…
A walk is a nice introduction to the extraordinary diversity of the Plum Island scenery. Take a walk both on the beach and on the main Refuge road, which offers wonderful views on the Plum Island River marshes and the Broad Sound.
Plum Island creates a nice protected bay which leads to marshes along the Parker River - take a kayak tour through the marshes.
*** About Newburyport
Newburyport, a coastal city 35 miles northeast of Boston, Massachusetts, is an historic seaport that extends along the mighty Merrimack river. The Merrimack River leads to Plum Island, a gorgeous barrier island with long expanses of beach, marshes, and nature preserves.
Anchored in a rich Maritime heritage, Newburyport boasts national attractions, vibrant boating, rich culture, and award-winning dining and shopping.
* Hike, pedal, or paddle to explore Parker River or Joppa Flats.
* Explore Downtown's unique boutiques, amazing antiques, fabulous food, craft beer, local wines, and coffee shops.
* Discover Newburyport's seafaring and colonial history - experience colonial life in a historic home tour, see skiffs or ships being built
* Reserve the Newburyport Lighthouse for a private romantic meal.
* Enjoy a cruise to watch whales, fish, SCUBA dive, or dine
* Unique Golf courses nestled amongst sea marshes, tidal rivers, and rocky
*** About Properties managed by iTrip North Shore
Guests staying at all iTrip North Shore managed properties receive the following:
* Welcome Home pack with treats!
* All baths are stocked with additional fresh towels for guests.
* All beds are ready made for guests with freshly laundered sheets & fresh towels for each registered guest.
* Starter pack, containing paper towels, toilet paper, dish soap, scrubber, dish towel, and dishwasher cleaner to get you going for your stay.
* Cleaning is done with green cleaning products.
Thank you Donna for your thoughtful and thorough response. We greatly appreciate all feedback. So delighted that you enjoyed sunsets from the deck. This home has that rare combination of decks on both the sunrise and sunset side of the home. With the expansive views, it's a bird watcher's paradise as well. Lighter Adirondack chairs were provided to easily carry them from one deck to the other. Thank you for the advice about a dining set. I am so sorry that some of the guests were uncomfortable with their bed. Please know that we will happily deliver a queen air mattress upon request. If only you had mentioned that your fellow visitors were uncomfortable, we would have delivered the air mattress as speedily as we delivered the extra sheets. I am surprised by some comments about welcome and starter pack . Did you enjoy the wine, water, & chocolates? Our starter pack always includes: toilet paper, paper towels, tissues. & trash bags, We supply hand soap by all sinks, and dish soap in the kitchen. I've wrestled with including soaps & shampoos. With so many allergies, I thought it better to supply dishwasher and laundry detergent instead of personal hygiene items. Please know that 2 kitchen towels are always left conveniently hanging on the dishwasher & stove.
Thank you Rie! We are so delighted that you enjoyed our lovely beach house. The sunrises and sunsets are both amazing from here.