Located in downtown Charleston near Upper King Street restaurants, shopping and nightlife, Murphy on St. Philip, Unit B is a two story Charleston Single home-away-from-home that's just a short walk, bike or cab ride to all the action in downtown Charleston. Unit B is a spacious one bedroom home well-appointed with comfortable furnishings, a desk & work area and decorative fireplace on the first floor. The home's layout -- with the living room, kitchen and desk area on the first floor and the bedroom, piazza and bathroom on the second floor -- provide lots of space for you and your guest to either interact together or retreat into separate spaces on your own. This home, built in 1852, oozes with character & charm and serves as a terrific home base from which you can launch your Charleston adventures.
SLEEPING ARRANGEMENTS FOR MURPHY ON ST. PHILIP, UNIT B (sleeps 2):
- Queen size bed
- Access to second floor piazza
- Dresser with large screen cable TV
- Night stands with reading lamps
- Reading chair
- Ceiling fan
- Sound machine
- High speed WIFI
- Open kitchen & living room layout
- Hardwood floors throughout the home.
- Private piazza on the second floor.
- Fully-equipped kitchen with range, dishwasher, refrigerator, garbage disposal, microwave, coffee maker, toaster, blender & more!
- Full-size washing machine & dryer located on the second floor.
- FREE off-street parking for 1 vehicle.
- Don't wait in an office to check-in or get a key! Drive straight to your home and enter the front door with a lock code. Prior to your visit, we will send you our mobile app with directions and full instructions.
As with each of our iTrip Vacations Charleston Beaches properties, this vacation home features a "starter kit" of a few-days worth of supplies for guests that includes shampoo, hair conditioner, make-up remover wipes, soap, toilet paper, paper towels, dish detergent, laundry detergent & more. The beds at Murphy on St. Philip will be fully made and ready for your arrival with freshly laundered linens. A set of 3 towels for each person is also included in the rental rate.
REVIEWS - WE HAD TO CREATE A NEW LISTING :( - WE HAD 78 5 STAR REVIEWS
Guests enter this duplex from the back of the house via their own private porch. Upon entering the home, you will find hardwood floors throughout, an open floor plan for the living room, kitchen & desk/work space areas, a decorative fireplace and comfortable furnishings. The bedroom, bathroom, private piazza and full-sized washing machine & dryer are located upstairs. Free off-street parking on the driveway for one car is included in the rental rate.
Please note that the Unit A (which is located on the front half of the house) is also available for rent. If both Unit A and Unit B are available for your selected dates, then you may rent both Unit A and Unit B and sleep up to 6 people in the whole house. Unit A guests and Unit B guests share the three parking spaces in the backyard. Two of the parking spaces are for Unit A and one parking space is for Unit B.
With close proximity to upper King Street and the Crosstown (Septima P. Clark Parkway), the location of this home enables guests to walk to restaurants, shops & other cultural delights and provides quick road access to Mt. Pleasant, West Ashley, all local beaches, Charleston County parks, historic plantation homes along the Ashley River and other local attractions. There are a lot of new local restaurants -- as well as all the offerings of Upper King Street -- within a couple of minutes stroll from Murphy on St. Philip. With D'Allesandros Pizza (a local pizza institution), Brown's Court Bakery (amazing breads & pastries) and the Ordinary (high end oyster & seafood restaurant) located just a couple of blocks away, Murphy on St. Philip guests have many unique local food options to explore. Walk to Barsa for some Tapas or visit the Daily for some coffee or locally made Kombucha!
The home is located in a very friendly neighborhood which is undergoing vibrant growth and change, as is much of Charleston. This is the best neighborhood in Charleston if you are looking to be steps away from King Street and experience the area as a local in a transitional neighborhood among young professionals, students and longtime local families. All the neighbors are very nice and welcoming. The diversity and richness of history in the Cannonborough-Elliotborough neighborhood makes this part of town desirable to locals and visitors alike. Murphy on St. Philip is perfect for folks who enjoy a diverse, vibrant and eclectic neighborhood where you can watch the reinvestment & revitalization in old historic properties going on in real time. Parts of the neighborhood might still look a bit rough but it is safe. A historic home is located across the street which is undergoing renovation and also a vacant car wash next door that will one day be new construction as well.
- No smoking.
- Pets are prohibited at all times.
- Murphy on St. Philip is tucked away in a residential neighborhood. Please be mindful of this residential character of the home during your stay. Please NO PARTIES, EVENTS, PERFORMING ARTISTS OR BANDS ARE ALLOWED AT ANY TIME. Please be respectful of the neighbors at all times!
- Do not exceed the maximum occupancy for the home at anytime.
These are all separate causes for eviction with no refund and may damage our ability to offer the home for future guests exposing you to liability.
* Voted "Best City in the South" in 2017 by readers of Southern Living magazine
* Voted #1 city in the United States by readers of Conde Nast Traveler
* Voted World's Best City in 2016 by readers of Travel+Leisure magazine
* Voted Bes
Thank you Polina! Glad you enjoyed your stay! Murphy B really is a great location! Come back soon! Steven
Thank you Leandi! Love the review! Glad you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back soon! Steven
Thank you! Steven
Thanks Syreeta. Glad you enjoyed the home! It's great being close to everything! Glad we could exceed your expectations! Steven
Thank you! Glad we could help! Steven
Glad you had a fun visit! Steven
Thank you Blair! Look forward to seeing you again soon!